Can't believe I did it!!

TonyaM
TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
edited August 2011 in Health and wellbeing

After doing the same job for the last 15 years I handed in my resignation yesterday-just like that! I'm sick of it and felt I needed some "me"time.Over the last 4 years my long service leave has gone on 3 ankle operations,a mastectomy and chemo.So no,haven't really got to enjoy it have I.!! I"ve sold our house-2 storey and too much maintenance.We are now packing and cleaning.The furniture truck arrives next Tuesday to take all our stuff  into storage as our new single level home is not ready. So we will be homeless -indefinately! We will stay for awhile at my daughter's house as she has a spare room and bathroom.We plan to go away alot and just "wing it".We feel like 2 carefree teenagers,except for the aching muscles from packing! So next week I will be "off line" for awhile-think I will go into withdrawrals.Good luck to all who are having surgery/treatment.I look forward to catching up with everyone later when I unpack.

Tonya xx

Comments

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015

wow you have been busy, and now your new tonya life begins so exciting , go on holidays, do what you can while you can, get out there and live , will talk again once you are settled. xx

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015

Sounds wonderful Tonya, time to enjoy life for a change. Wishing you all the best & look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Loretta xxx

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015

Sounds wonderful Tonya, time to enjoy life for a change. Wishing you all the best & look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Loretta xxx

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015

Wow Tonya, thats fantastic! great! brilliant idea! Very happy for you & will catch up when you come back online ! :) 

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015

Wow Tonya, thats fantastic! great! brilliant idea! Very happy for you & will catch up when you come back online ! :) 

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Good for you Tonya.  If only I could get to the same decision.  Each day is different for me - oh gee I feel good might go back to work then I have a bugger of a day and know the answer.  Still early days yet though.  Good luck with packing (and downsizing).  Look forward to catching up when you return on line. XLeonie

• kay
    kay Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2015

That's great that you are able to do that and have some me time, I wish we could take some time of and do that. Enjoy your times away together. Hopefully your home will be finished soon.

looking forward to hearing from you about your travels etc. when you can get in here again. Packing is a big job and cleaning as well, you will  need a rest after this.

Take care

Kay

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Oh, wow Tonya! What a fabulous jump off into the unknown.  Good for you in taking on an adventure -- you never know what might be just around the corner for you now you've made some space to enjoy it.

We'll definitely miss you while you're not here, but have fun, and I hope it all goes well.

~Di

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

Thanks Maria- you are not far behind me and when your treatment is all over you can go abit crazy too.

luv Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

Yes,it's abit like standing on the edge of a cliff and taking a step off.It's kinda scary but kinda exciting too.We've got a hotmail email so I maybe able to use that on this site,not sure.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

Thanks Ann-Marie-am happy but exhausted from this packing.We have 22yrs of accumulated "stuff"in this house so it's a big job.My girls grew up in this house so it's sad leaving but it feels like the right time.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

Thanks Kay - you are so right -it's not just the packing but omg the cleaning! We are doing things bit by bit so not busting a gut.Looking forward to taking it easy in a week's time.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

Thanks Kathy,still have a full week of packing and cleaning ahead but will take it easy after that.

Tonya xx

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Sure you can -- just go into your profile, and change the email address and your notifications will go there.  If you have any problems let me know and we can take a look at it.

(re: the cliff?  I did that once, literally -- the jumping rock at Katherine Gorge.  Scary, but yes -- very exhilarating!!  :)

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

I've been umming and arring about work for awhile.It just felt like the right time to go now.I haven't got much super but have made good realestate decisions so moneywise I should be ok.My husband has been retired now for 3 years and gets a good allocated pension.Our new single level home is a great buy and we got top dollar for our home without even putting it on the market.So it just seemed the planets were lining up.When you've had cancer twice like us ,you don't feel entirely confident about your health.Suddenly work and money don't seem so important ..I'm living more for the moment but I'm lucky I can afford to do that now.This time last year I was getting over  chemo and it was so important for me to get back to work and be normal.I believe you will know when the time is right for you Leonie.In the meantime,keep getting stronger and enjoy that garden.

luv Tonya xx