Breast Cancer Taking Control - Great book!

w_w_w_dette
w_w_w_dette Member Posts: 156
edited August 2011 in General discussion

Hi everyone

I'm an avid reader, information seeker and have this week been given an absolutely fantastic book, Breast Cancer Taking Control.

It's written by Professor John Boyages fromWestmead Breast Cancer Institute in Sydney and focuses on enabling us to still have control after our diagnosis. To me that's the key - I can't handle not having any control!!

If you can get a copy, I'd recommend.

Dette

Comments

• melp27
    melp27 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015

hi dette

where can u get this book? sounds interesting!

• tabbycat
    tabbycat Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015

Hi Dette

So glad to hear your 2nd Chemo went so well, hope no symtoms crop up - you are doing so well.

Will try to get hold of the book you recommend, like you I like to be in control!

I have my first Chemo today, so fingers crossed I'm like you and sail through.....xLouisex

• tabbycat
    tabbycat Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015

Hi Dette

So glad to hear your 2nd Chemo went so well, hope no symtoms crop up - you are doing so well.

Will try to get hold of the book you recommend, like you I like to be in control!

I have my first Chemo today, so fingers crossed I'm like you and sail through.....xLouisex

• w_w_w_dette
    edited March 2015

Hi Mel and Louise

My wonderful niece who is in the medical profession actually gave me my copy but there is a website to check out http://www.breastcancertakingcontrol.com/

Have been thinking of you today Louise, hope it went without bumps and you're doing okay.

Dette xx

• w_w_w_dette
    edited March 2015

Hi Mel and Louise

My wonderful niece who is in the medical profession actually gave me my copy but there is a website to check out http://www.breastcancertakingcontrol.com/

Have been thinking of you today Louise, hope it went without bumps and you're doing okay.

Dette xx