Otis retreat

Zoffiel
Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
I've just had the privilege of spending 4 nights at an Otis Foundation house in Kioloa. After a very long 6 months, to be able to take a break like this between chemo and rads was just so special it's hard to describe.

The first couple of days were warmish and humid, then it fairly bucketed down. Absolutely perfect. I wallowed around in the surf like a lost whale then spent hours walking up the beach. The house does have steepish stairs between the entrance/bedroom level and the main living areas which I found challenging at first, then I got used to doing stairs like a codger. If it hadn't been for the rough language and the creaking, groaning and grinding noises you'd never know I was struggling. Unless you could see me.... OK, the stairs performance was pretty tragic.

The taxol damage to my muscles, particularly the ones in my legs, has become a big problem in the last weeks, but--as some of you know--the worst bit is getting up and getting going. Which I had to if I wanted to move between my bed and the kitchen. Naps, walks and wine and cheese are great motivators. Marg

Comments