Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Riddle me this.

Options
Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
Ok, so you all know I am currently on Xolafex 2 weeks on a week off... Well, why us it I have so much energy & feel so good while im on it & feel tired when im not???

Oh I know Im weird alright

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Hey Cate! Hmmm interesting question, maybe whatever is in it gives you energy? Huh? and maybe the down time off it the body slumps a little? very odd! Cant help with that one LOL xoxo
  • Cate64
    Options
    Oh my, what a typo.... Xoleda is what I am on.... its a tablet form of chemo @melclarity ..... i also felt good all thru ac chemo as well... maybe, its mind over matter because i know its treatment... ODD!!
  • melclarity
    Options
    Oh huh? that is weird!!! Damn my mind was strong as heading into FEC I was unstoppable but my body had other ideas. Drug sensitive to everything, so there was no way I could have done a thing, I was so disappointed Cate, Im a go getter but was literally sat on my butt..so ill literally had to learn to walk again. Yet I know there are some who manage fine on it. So Odd!!! I think the fact that overall you feel ok, is what matters!! no stopping you, you know that :wink: pretty invincible woman!! xo
  • Cate64
    Options
    I feel for you @melclarity , being so drug sensitive must be just awful 
  • melclarity
    Options
    Cate its the worst!! Thank God generally am mentally strong to stay ahead lol. Im only taking panadol osteo now twice a day thats good for me at 3 weeks post surgery. I cant wait to start exercising this new body lol x
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Cate - fatigue can hit at any time! 
  • Polly Rose
    Polly Rose Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi Cate
    I've followed your story for a while now as I find you quite inspiring with your determination to keep up your running  and the honesty with which you discuss your life. I'm glad that you are feeling energised while on chemo and hope that it continues that way. I know for me I was like the eveready bunny after each chemo ( thanks to steroids) and had the cleanest kitchen ever lol. Then I would be hit by the fatigue and lay low for a while.I decided to take advantage of the energy spurts and get as much done as possible and then just lay low and ride out the fatigue. I hope that you continue to have the energy to keep up your park runs and keep enjoying what you are clearly good at.
  • Polly Rose
    Polly Rose Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi Cate
    I've followed your story for a while now as I find you quite inspiring with your determination to keep up your running  and the honesty with which you discuss your life. I'm glad that you are feeling energised while on chemo and hope that it continues that way. I know for me I was like the eveready bunny after each chemo ( thanks to steroids) and had the cleanest kitchen ever lol. Then I would be hit by the fatigue and lay low for a week. I decided to take advantage of the energy spurts and get as much done as possible and then just lay low and ride out the fatigue. I hope that you continue to feel energised and enthused to continue your running as much as possible.

Polly

Share Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hey, @Cate64 - I agree with Polly Rose, think it is perhaps the steroids although I have not had any personal experience on Xeloda.  
  • Cate64
    Options
    @Share @Polly Rose Im not on any steroids, that is why its weird....
  • melclarity
    Options
    Cate, I think you just cope super well with any drugs, so even the chemo in tablet form doesnt phase you really, which is so awesome! Yes very different to the AC infusion as you say you dont have steroids with this. I really do think its how your body copes with it all plus you are so super fit puts you ahead of things. I found for me positivity and determination I had loads of, refused to be beaten, so it had nothing to do with that rather for me my bodies inability to cope with the drugs. But I think you are doing amazing! So hey! keep on going!!! :) xo
  • Cate64
    Options
    @melclarity the Nurse Practitioner said words to that effect, that being so fit before all of this stood me in good stead & is probably why I cope so well with treatment... Though believe me, I do have off days where I dont want to do anything but I also find if I force myself to get up, shower & do something, even if its just down to the coffee shop for a coffee I generally feel better...

• melclarity
    Options
    Cate, I really believe that too, you really are in front, being so fit has been so key for you and it works! and whats more you Love it! doesnt get better than that! I was pre surgery still in rehab mode 14 months post chemo, with my exercise physiologist, learning to walk which I was managing 3 times a week. Working 3 days only but on my feet the whole day running around with Autistic Children, then being a single parent at home, I admit it didnt leave alot of room for me at all. So its been so hard but my kids have gone to live with their dad and its enabled me to really focus on myself and heal for the first time in 6yrs. I so look forward to being further along and being able to really start exercising whoa!!! I notice off Arimidex too Im soooo much better! I dont want to take anything LOL. ;)