In an Unrelenting Journey....lets see whats the smallest thing that brightens your day?

Options

Comments

• InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options

Ally Jay said:

1. Hi there Melclarity, these are some little baby rompers I've been busy with. Found this lovely plain, yet classic pattern and simply couldn't stop at one.

THESE ARE AWESOME!
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @InkPetal I think we can all relate to those things. I used to have cats so I cannot stop laughing about what you said. It seems to be the unexpected things and the most simple hey? That keep us smiling...I love a wicked sense of humour too. It's probably the one thing that today still gets me through. Hugs xo 
  • melclarity
    Options
    @fairydust ohhh well i wasnt expecting that..my you floored me..thank you that really made my day! Its just so great to remind each other we are not alone especially not here. And there are so many hard moments and yet there is always something simple that carries us through or makes us smile. Big hugs! Xo 
  • JanineG
    JanineG Member Posts: 148
    Options
    A few days later but what a lovely post Melinda. I hope you have had many more peaceful pleasures since last week. You are amazing x
    I had a lovely day yesterday. I had brunch with a wonderful 'giggle' girlfriend. We laughed, complained, cried, laughed again whilst treating ourselves to totally unhealthy treats. Then I decided to bond with my daughter and let my talented nephew tattoo a beautiful rose on my arm! Blimey!! Great day xx
    janine
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    oh @melclarity, I am exhausted from summit and travelling but reading this I just realised the simple sounds of home, birds chirping in my garden, black clouds which might mean rain( we desperately need it here), Feeling the serenity of home kids popping in and out as young adults do always busy with their adventures into the world outside. I agree with @fairydust your posts they are both encouraging and real... 
    Hugs and energy 
    soldier crab xoxo 

• melclarity
    Options
    @JanineG I love a giggle girlfiend isnt that the BEST! OMG a tattoo, love the bonding! @Soldier Crab sounds so great, all of it, isnt that what lifes all about? 

Its a tough day today, my Mums Cousin who reconnected with me last October after 7yrs of my Mum passing has passed away today. Feeling so incredibly blessed that i had that one afternoon reconnecting and reminiscing of my Mum, but so sad to lose this connection with my Mum so quickly. Then a phone conversation with my Son who is living with his Dad whilst I recover from surgery, recently diagnosed with Depression. Trying to help whilst not being with him...am completely broken hearted today BUT STILL I TRY TO FIND PEACE in the simplest things. Love to you all...life is never perfect and forever challenging, and so we take it all in our stride knowing we are OK! Hugs everyone for sharing! it brought me so much joy too! Melinda xo
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    OH @melclarity
     you are having a time of it recently... HUGS and condolences regarding the loss of your cousin. It is so hard as a mum to have our kids elsewhere while we are going through treatments etc.... May he find the right assistance that is right for him and I know he knows you love help etc and are doing what you can to be here long term with him... 
    Energy to continue your healing and may the time be over and your family back in the same home together sooner than you think .... 

Deep breathes to release the stress and allow the peace to flow into you ... 
    Alice xoxo 

• nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that @melclarity! Seeking joy and comfort in simplicity IS what it's all about - but geez, the slings and arrows that keep getting thrown at us are huge! My Dad passed away only 3 months before my BC diagnosis - I kept on wondering "how much can I bear?"...but we do, we march on, we survive and thrive.

Thinking of you and your son. As a mum, we feel everything our children feel...so I can only imagine the worry this has caused you. The good part is that there is a diagnosis and no doubt some constructive and positive plans in place to help him along. Have you heard of CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)? This is great for teenagers (I used it when my son, at the end of year 6 and moving into high school after an awful time in primary school was very close to being diagnosed with depression as well). A book by Sarah Edelman called 'Change Your Thinking' gives great practical tips as well as in depth background. In the end, it helped me when Dad died and BC reared its head.

Big hugs and lots of love

Nikki  <3
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Crumbs Mel not a good day! I can see great suggestions from others to help wth your son.
    Your cousin was it unexpected ?
    May your tears turn to smiles as you remember the good times with your Mum's cousin. 
    Take care xx
  • melclarity
    Options
    @Soldier Crab Alice you are such a love! Thank you! He has a psychologist but he said it isnt helping and Im unsure if they are ever coming back permanently, its complex. Absolutely being kind and allowing the flow of it all today and to just be still. xo

@nikkid Oh Im so sorry, thats so hard losing your Dad. I lost my Mum 8yrs ago and have travelled this BC Journey twice without her, been incredibly hard honestly. So losing her Cousin after reconnecting I feel a loss of my Mum all over again. Thanks for the tips thats great! He is seeing a Psychologist but its not in my control which is hard. Unfortunately in 2015 my daughter also diagnosed with Depression during VCE and I was doing Chemo, I dont know how we got through, but we did. Lifes been unrelenting for 8yrs for my kids. I also believe we dont get more than we can handle either! xo
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    You are wonderful @melclarity
    xx
  • melclarity
    Options
    @iserbrown It was my Mums Cousin, so my 2nd cousin, and yes unexpected though she was in her 70's. Absolutely feeling blessed I had the short time I had. xo
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey my little BC sister, Sending you a big hug. How wonderful that you had the opportunity to reconnect with your mums cousin and share such treasured memories. I have very recently connected with my fathers sister and her family (haven't seen her since I was about 18 months so don't remember her at all) but what an excellent meeting. I think the connections can be bittersweet but then so is life isn't it. At least you have the knowledge that you used that chance to reconnect and can also treasure the time spent with her too. Xx  
  • melclarity
    Options
    Hey Cath! Yes I believe everything in life is for a reason...she reconnected with me last year after 7yrs after my Mum passing. It haunted her and she wanted to make peace, my Mums family abandoned me and mine when she passed, they treated her terribly. She was like a Sister to my Mum and it gave me such love and peace the afternoon we spent together reminiscing, will absolutely cherish it, she missed my Mum. This was my connection back to my Mums family...and so now it will carry on through her daughter who i have become friends with. Everything for a reason...and so life goes on...but we are so the richer for the smallest of cherished moments we get to keep :) xo