In an Unrelenting Journey....lets see whats the smallest thing that brightens your day?

melclarity
melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
I just wanted to shout out to everyone as we are all at different stages in this journey and I guess as Im recovering from surgery I'm thinking of all of you. Thought it would be great for us all..to share something good that we're grateful for in this moment...it's hard!!! Cant be positive all the time and the journey can be unrelenting and we feel badgered to the point of breaking and no return. But as I sit here, and I look back at my journey the past 6 years, I have tears rolling down my cheeks thinking WOW I went through all that, and sometimes you can't breathe when you remember. It is hard to look forward with any certainty or peace. We feel every emotion possible and sometimes feel we're not entitled to. One word that comes to mind thinking of everyone is "COURAGE" for all of you at the beginning, doubting there is anyway you can rise to the challenge. Take one hell of a deep breath..and I promise you, you absolutely will and even in times where you felt you couldnt and I had plenty...but you will RISE every single time. 

So what is the smallest thing that brightens or lifts your day? 

Mine is...Im sitting overlooking my garden, sipping Green Tea and the sun is shining, soft music playing and Im just peaceful in this moment. I'm grateful to just sit here, complete simplicity. 

Hugs Everyone Melinda xoxo

Comments

• Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Hi Melinda, I am sitting on a bus going to the city to meet a friend for lunch & shopping, something I have not done since being diagnosed last July.  I was walking to the bus stop in the rain & felt normal for the first time in a very long time. Taking the opportunity between chemo & radiotherapy to enjoy the things I used to take for granted. Someone said to me today, are you sure you can work during radiotherapy & I said I worked through 6 months of chemo so I am sure I can. There is always a little bit of negativity around but you just have to put it out of your mind xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,530
    @melclarity nice to read your post just now and see that you are at peace and looking mainly forward after such a journey with all it's twists and turns.  Today is a breezy day here at home and at least the sting has gone out of the sun somewhat, domestic bliss, the washing will dry without the harshness of the sun. 

My at peace time is just being with my hubby, I know that will sound corny to some but we've been together for 42 years and we still enjoy each others company along with the cat and the magpie and whoever else is about at the time.
    Take care and good healing, sending you a virtual hug xx
  • melclarity
    Hey! @Glemmis Ohhh sounds wonderful! Its so true isn't it? Seems a long time in between feeling the slightest bit normal in anything!! especially the simplest things that we may take for granted. Have an amazing day! I'm sure you will! Love it!!!  Big Hugs xoxo
  • melclarity
    @iserbrown Thank you! Yes definitely looking fully forward now, no turning back,no regrets, just peace. Whoa! says me as I tear up!!! such a reflective journey isn't it...Sounds lovely where you are, beautiful! And definitely not Corny!!! I can so appreciate your relationship and the peace, I think its gorgeous! Hugs xoxo
  • melclarity
    @Zoffiel OMG I cannot stop laughing!!! Please let us know how your stay goes! Ive read alot about the Otis Foundation but its just too hard for me to organise. Cheese and wine...sounds divine!!! now thats living!!! Hugs xoxo
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I also bought a pumpkin, bacon and a jar of bread and butter cucumbers. For some reason I'm absurdly pleased with this little selection even though it makes very little nutritional sense. I just figure that by next week I'll be far enough away from chemo that I can enjoy some food. Bacon and roast pumpkin. Mmmm. Yeah, I know. Odd.
  • iserbrown
    Mel - it is not too hard - you can make it happen and you will love the chance to have some rest and relaxation without the routine of work and home.  I work from home.  The Otis Foundation is wonderful!  No excuses, you found time to go to hospital because you had to! Treat this the same find time to have some rest and relaxation at an Otis retreat!!

https://www.bcna.org.au/services/the-otis-foundation
  • iserbrown
    @Zoffiel what a hoot!  You sound like a kid that has been let loose in a lolly shop!  Cheese, pumpkin, bacon, pickled cucumber, wine, what more could a girl need for a week away from the routine of home, chemo and all it's oddities! 
    We had great time at an Otis retreat last year and just loved every minute of it!  It is a wonderful thing that they do for us!  Enjoy the peace and tranquility............the emotional side will be very happy with you and your food choices!
    Take care and enjoy xx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    What @iserbrown said. It's treatment, make it happen. Even if you dont take a pumpkin....
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    @melclarity mine is... you guessed it!! RUNNING..... & this weekend I am running twice, once tomorrow morning 5km @ parkrun then on Sunday morning another 5km at The Brimbank Trail Run - another medal... yay go me :)

Then next month I am Team Captain for the Highlands parkrun Cancer Councils Hume Relay for Life Team (wow what a mouthful), we are aiming to get to the $5000 in donations so as we can choose Breast Cancer to receive a Research Grant. That will be 18 hours of running resting running resting running!!

Then in May I am running 5km in The Mothers Day Classic.

Then in July I am off to run 5.7km in The Gold Coast Marathon.

• nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    edited March 2017
    Mine are: seeing the smiles on the faces of my two boys; the unconditional love (and excitement) of my dogs and old cat; the love of my partner; the sun on my face; planting flowers in the garden; having coffee with girlfriends x
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Yes @iserbrown  - the Otis Foundation is fantastic! I stayed with girlfriends in their place in Daylesford - just lovely. They are so easy to organise with @melclarity - just requires an email and they do the rest. The places are lovely houses either in the bush or by the beach....and no cost to us! Such a gift 
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    @iserbrown the Otis Foundation are awesome arent they??? I recently spent a long weekend at Kez's Hideaway courtesy of them.