BCNA summit 2017

Options
primek
primek Member Posts: 5,392
As I am unable to as yet get into the summit group as there seems to be a hiccup I'm just letting people know I will be attending next week and hope to meet some of you there. I was fortunate to meet @socoda this week in my home town where we planned to meet up for coffee and ended up having a fabulous meal and a long long chat. It was so great. I'm  hoping to do that with more of you. I will be in the Effective Peer Support group and please feel free to privately message me if you would like for my full name. ..as it is hard since our guests lists only include our birth names  (for flight regulation laws ). 

I am so looking forward to this. The opportinity to meet more online support people and fellow bc sisters,  and learning more about how we can help others on what is for all of us a difficult and challenging time in our lives and quite possibly for the rest of our lives.

However as always looking at the cup half full, the bc experience has in many ways enriched my life and made me stop and think and given me a new direction in how I can and  will make a difference to others facing a bc diagnosis whether through this forum or supporting women in my local community. I'm steadily building a network of wonderful women locally who will become part of something extraordinary I hope.

Kath x
Tagged:

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    I am also doing Effective peer support... looking forward to connecting in person.
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Me too, see you both there.
    Paula x
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    What's this about? Marg
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi Marg! 
    https://www.bcna.org.au/get-involved/community-champion-hub/national-summit/national-summit-2017/

I won't be attending; it is not meant to be for me at present, so many other things going on at present!

Have a great time and connection, putting faces to the forum will be so beneficial!

Enjoy

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Hi girls lm doing the effecrive peer support as well. Very happy to be able to meet u all. Adean xx
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    @Zoffiel  some of the online forum ladies & men, and many others who do fundraising and raising awareness about BC are going to a summit next week. During summit there are different  meetings that will in fact enable us to become more effective in  supporting people online, or telling our story and also helping those who fund raise for BCNA to learn and network with others from other areas in Australia. 

It is an effective way to get us together where we will learn about what we do and how to do it more effectively and also to meet staff from BCNA where we will be able to discuss individual concerns .... I am doing Peer to Peer support which will help me with supporting those on the online forum plus with the group I help coordinate in my local area. 

I am looking forward to hearing about the Male perspective, how is affects them as males to be going through BC etc as we have a local male with BC and I want to be able to reach out and have the right resources for them etc. 

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Thanks. I used to go to conferences back in my active consumer advocacy days. Maybe something to keep in mind for the future. 
  • primek
    Options
    For sure.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    What a fantastic meeting we had Kath. Can't wait to also meet everyone - am also in the peer support stream. This is going to be excellent! Yippeeeeeee!!!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I shouldn't really be going, my hubbys birthday is on Wednesday, my fathers on Thursday, my mother in laws Friday and my little sisters on Saturday but dang it, I am going! See you lovelies there.
  • primek
    Options
    Well you can celebrate all on Saturday @Brenda5
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    My mum's is on friday we told her that we will celebrate on Saturday ...Looking forward to meeting you all in person. 

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    I am sorry I will be unable to meet up with you girls. It would have been a good experience,  but Tuesday is my chemo day and I think that is important.  I will be thinking of you.  Have fun.
  • primek
    Options
    @wendy h 67 Chemo is always priority. We don't arrive for the summit until  Wednesday but we are all booked in. Hoping we can meet at a future one.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I've had a look at street view mapping and the seems to be a free car park on the left before the main entrance which turns into multiple directions. Do we just park in the car park and leg it to the entrance? Will there be a nice pink lady with balloons to follow in? Leave me some pink stuff at the main desk and I could put some up if I am the first there at about lunch time.