Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

"Living with metastatic breast cancer" has a new group leader

Options
Cosette
Cosette Member Posts: 637
Although this part of the forum is open to anyone affected by metastatic breast cancer, including diagnosed women and men as well as family and friends of those diagnosed, we also have a private group for people living metastatic breast cancer. The group was led by that wonderful turtle-heart @Pink66 who passed away in January. This week @pacwood volunteered to lead the group. Many thanks to @pacwood. Let's give her a warm welcome
Tagged:

Comments

Share Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Thanks @Cosette_BCNA - I have just sent a little welcome message to our leader  :)
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @pacwood I am sure you will be exactly what is needed, I am not a member of the group but whenever you post on any discussion I see you are ever helpful and encouraging. 

Hugs at you and energy to deal with the hurdles of life. 
    Alice 

• robynvhi
    robynvhi Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Glad to hear you are taking up the challenge much appreciated from this member I am not on the site a lot but love having the connection 
  • robynvhi
    robynvhi Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Yes live live to the fullest and I love your words my disease is not an excuse in life x
  • Southgirl
    Southgirl Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Wow Christie, you sure have had some ups and downs - particularly with your cancer morphing from hormone -ve to +ve during the clinical trial. (But a bit of a silver lining that you can now have your treatment at your local hospital!) Great that things are stable/improved at the moment and you are enjoying your busy rural lifestyle.  
  • Vix
    Vix Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I love how with all the ups and downs, you stay positive and live life to the fullest. You are awesome x
  • lesleyb
    lesleyb Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi Pacwood, It's been a long time since I visited the forum and was sop saddened to here of Sharrons passing.  It is wonderful that you are able to step into those big shoes which i am sure you will fill admirably.

I too live in Gippsland (Traralgon) and regularly visit our wonderful Cancer Hospital.  I was dx with mets to the bone late 2014.  So far have been able to hold it to the bones with AI's and Xgeva bi monthly.  It is progressing but slowly.  I really hope that we get the Ibrance on the PBS sooner rather than later as it would benefit myself and many HER2- people.

My cancer morphed from Lobular to Ductal also from primary to secondary.  My onc thought it was strange but doesn't really make much difference to treatment options.

I was also considered for a trial at Peter Mac about  a year ago but didn't fit the criteria unfortunately.  

Hope you are having fun with those lovely mooies of yours.

Maybe we will meet sometime in that pleasant waiting room in Gippsland.
  • pacwood
    pacwood Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi @lesleyb small world hey!!! Im actually having treatment in Sale but do get to Traralgon often. I hope your treatment plan continues to move forward and you can have access to Ibrance on the PBS.
    xx Christie
    Share Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi @pacwood - thanks for your story - little or not it is always amazing to see how others have faced their diagnosis and how the trials and tribulations of diagnosis, treatment and the incredible way that many have refused to allow bc to define them. 
    Christie, you are the epitome of that and having 2 teenage boys myself I can only imagine how full your life must be however I find that it is the craziness of everyday family life that keeps us grounded and inspires us to live life to the full. 

Best wishes Sheryl xxx
  • Anne94
    Anne94 Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Thanks @pacwood for being our new group leader. Thanks also for sharing your story.  
    I've started this journey  at the end of august last year. Being diagnosed with stage 4 straight up was a bit overwhelming. 
    I'm grateful for this group. It was here that I also found a couple of wonderful women in my area. 
    Next part of my journey is a couple of surgeries ( femur nail & hysterectomy) 10 weeks off work is going to be a new experience:) 

kind regards 
    anne 

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Girls l was realy enlightened in meeting ladies at the summit with metastisis l must say l have a much better understanding thanks girls. Especialy for us that dont have it l think its really importanr. Adean