Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor

2»

Comments

• fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    Hi Bel glad to hear there is life after cancer. I am also triple negative just finished treatment after a year. I said to my surgeon how do you not worry about reccurrence. He said to me I was lucky. mmm He then went on to say that if I was cancer free for 3 years with this type of cancer I would be in the clear.  Good to know.
    Unless they have had a friend or family member with cancer most people do not want to know. For some reason people love to relate horror stories of people who had problems with cancer. Is that meant to make you feel better?
    Am I still the same ? Probably not. Physically a bit wonky but I am here and its my birthday today and I get to celebrate another year of life.
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    @fairydust good for you and Happy Birthday.
    Paula xx
  • NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    I am still "Cancer Free"  in case any one thought I had a 2nd bout. All good so far! Cheer and Happy Easter! xx
  • seadog3172
    seadog3172 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017

Hi Belinda, my wife Monica is 40 and has just been diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer. It's obviously very scary for her and for me but reading your story has given me hope for our future, Thanks so much for sharing and good on you for fighting so hard.

Best wishes

[name and location removed by moderator]

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    Well I think I was perhaps a bit crazy to start with and a bit terrified.   I am noticing a common link with the "types" of people who often get Cancer, and being emotional, a worrier, a thinker, are my personality traits I always noticed about myself.  But the other side of that is communication.  That is what this website will be valuable for.  Reaching out and getting some great ideas.  The fight never stops really, within ourselves.  To carry on regardless and "hope for the best".  The entire way through that 6 months of Chemo and Rads, I was very busy with appointments.  Always ask Medical Staff medical questions straight away.  Right stuff down.  Ring the Cancer Council every time you think of something you need help with.  Join groups, get counselling, do what you feel is going make it easier down the track.  Open up, let go, have a cry, but never bottle it in and not sharing isn't great long term.  We are all different.  I got through, but each day still I say "Thank you for this day !"  after all, life will never be the same again!  Best of luck and ask for my help any time!  Cheers from Bel