Moving forward

Options
2»

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Wow Wow Wow!!! You look amazing and are doing great.  Don't worry the hair doesn't stay as curly forever.  Mine was just like that but has changed back to my dead straight again.  As for the grey, I had been colouring mine for years so suspect the grey was well and truly there.  I started to colour mine as soon as I could,  I wish now I had gone lighter as there is so much upkeep in dark hair once you are grey.  Having said that I have always been dark and light doesn't really suit me. I still struggle with fatigue 5 years on, but make myself get out and walk when I can.  I am a 10000 steps a day girl when I can, but if I miss a walk some days I don't beat myself up.  I only work part time, however do plenty of work on the home front with two teenagers still at home!!
    thanks for all the support you give on here.
    Paula xxx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @mum2jj I have 3 teenagers at home. I only ever streaked my hair before as I had only a few grey but they looked wiry. They were halfway grown out before chemo so I know how ungrey I was. Did my streak colouring about twice a year. Lol. I agree about regrowth and grey. That's why at this stage I'm not touching it. I'll either adjust to the look or go blonde. ..I detest the look of grey regrowth and really am not keen at bothering to keep it up. More worried about tbe darker hairs on my face now. At least my fanny hair is a bit darker now. It grew back white!

I used to be a 10,000 steps a day girl. Presently get too tired if I push myself that far. Sad isn't it?  But I will get there. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Post op hair pre chemo
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I hear you on the hair thing, it just doesn't feel right. Good news is it will get better. Mine is certainly less in the dead feeling tight curls after last cut and just have a wave now. Still not silky dead straight yet but I live in hope to get my long hair back again. Little tip on hiding greys, grow the fringe a bit longer and don't get it cut. Also covers that bit of baldness too. ;)
  • Sparkles
    Sparkles Member Posts: 36
    Options
    You look fabulous! I love your post chemo hair!! I started chemo today so it is really helpful for me to hear other stories like yours. Hugs and positive thoughts to you
  • Marina1
    Marina1 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    You look so happy & beautiful. 
    Go out there and live life to the fullest!!