Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

NERVES KICKING IN!!

Options
Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
Have my next Onc visit tomorrow week, so nervous, I know my tm's were up last test & I am terrified to find out the next reading.. PLUS, I have to go alone..

Talk about sleepless nights & teary meltdowns!!.... Wish I knew what I did in a previous life to deserve the hand I have been dealt in this one........

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    Sending hugs, @Cate64. You know you are never really alone with all of us here to listen anytime.

It really is a roller coaster for you. One minute on top of things and medals for your running! You are so impressive :) and then the worry again. Do you have a counselor or someone professional to talk with? I can only imagine how difficult this all is and surely some support of this sort should be accessible for you. 

Just picture all of your online support crew coming along with you next week. Hope there is room in the waiting room. xxx

• Cate64
    Options
    Thanks @Deanne I have tried their counselor but everytime I spoke with him & would wind up second guessing & questioning myself. I found I was better off with my rock of a husband who, at the time, could accompany to all appointments but he is now in a new job & not in a position to though, having said that, I think if he knew how anxious I get going alone he would 'be sick' that day. 

Thank goodness for you girls & head slaps & big girl panties that I will now bring out :)

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @Cate64 agree with @Deanne. Is the waiting room big enough? because we will all be there for you.
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Big hug from another metasisister zall the best B
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Cate64

Sometimes we do need to put on the big girl panties ......  but that doesn't stop us from feeling anxious... sending you hugs and energy to cope with the lead up to your appointment... I know you are strong you are here and that is testament to your strength.  remember to tell the Onc to wait a bit there are quite a few of us to come in with you .... hugs and love <3

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Cate - can't imagine how you are feeling!  Have you arranged for a different team yet?  I think I read that in one of your other posts that is what you were considering.  As said by others this online network we will be there trying to help you through the waiting room process and to breathe naturally and keep calm.  Take care xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Most places allow FACS days or even take a sick day to accompany a spouse to an appointment. He could even provide a medical certificate. Just think how he would feel knowing how stressed you are and haven't told him. 
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Hi are you going to a hospital for your check up. In most hospitals they have patient have patient advocates and volunters maybe someone like tht can go in with you
    Good luck
  • Cate64
    Options
    Thank you all :)

Im still terrified & @primek yes my husband would come if I asked him but I dont like to let him know Im so terrified, I like to keep the brave face on for him & the boys, no point everyone being anxious.... @socoda I wish............ but I have an awful feeling about it..... & can they just bounce around up & down???

I am hoping the BC Nurse from Peter Macallum will ring this afternoon, I have reached out to her asking for help to change to a care team there.... I have no faith at all in TNH team... I dont like the blase, flippant way they treat me..
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Your appt's in Melbourne? If you can't get hold of a nurse let me know, perhaps I can help depending on when.....
  • Cate64
    Options
    @Afraser Its at The Northern Hospital.......

You know, it just dawned on me girls... I am so sorry, you are all in the same boat as me & here I am venting on you guys so as not to cause anxiety in the family, how perfectly horrid of me...

Big Girl Panties on :) 
  • Cate64
    Options
    @Afraser Its at The Northern Hospital.......

You know, it just dawned on me girls... I am so sorry, you are all in the same boat as me & here I am venting on you guys so as not to cause anxiety in the family, how perfectly horrid of me...

Big Girl Panties on :) 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.