newly diganosed

Options
2»

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Glad to hear you are home and doing well. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Hugs everyone else has said what I would say to you so HUGS and energy to heal 
    xoxo 
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Sheryn, Excellent that you are home.  Hoping for you that you have gotten rid of your drain by now. If not if you are experiencing any pain from the drain site it may be because your drain is swinging slightly so you can put a bit of extra tape (Micropore from 3M from the chemist) onto the drain to hold it more firmly in place. Does wonders. Hope your doing brilliantly. Xx Cath
  • sheryn
    sheryn Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Seen the doctor

today finally have my diagnosis its stage 2. so chemo and radiation here I come. Doctor said there will be no more surgery at this stage. with having cancer in 1 of my nodes they are hoping they have it all. Dont know what im in for I have to wait and hear from them next week. Bit in shock today !
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    It's always a shock when you get that final confirmation of chemo. I remember sobbing in the nuclear scan dept awaiting my heart scan, I knew from the beginning I would have chemo due to my pathology of Es+Her2+ stage 1 grade 3, but it still upset me that it was definetly happening. Just take each day at a time and don't fight the tears.
  • sheryn
    Options
    Finally have a copy of my results. Its taken a while. Dont what it means though.
    grade 2, stage 2a,  

Hormone Receptors:

Oestrogen receptor: Positive
    Percentage nuclei staining: approximately 80%
     Predominant staining intensity: 2+

Progesterone receptor:
    Positive
    Percentage nuclei staining: approximately 90%
     Predominant staining intensity: 3+

Her-2 staining on block 1.10
    Internal control score: 0

Her-2 carcinoma score: 1+

Her-2 interpretation: Negative

This might should silly to ask, just wondering what it all means does anyone one know...? Trying to settle my anxiety a bit. while waiting for my drs appointment.
  • Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Hi Sheryn, Similar results to mine, i was stage 2b, grade 2,  Oestrogen & progesterone positive & Her 2 negative. There are 3 grades so you are in the middle. Also you are hormone positive so you will be put on hormone drugs for 5 years or so. Her2 negative which means you won't be put on Herceptin. Don't worry about the "staining", that is just pathology talk. Did you have any lymph nodes involved, if not you might just have radiotherapy. Pathology reports can be scary but these are good results so try not to  worry too much, you will get a plan of treatment soon xx
  • sheryn
    Options
    Thanks Glemmis,
    Yes I had 3 lymph nodes out and yes there was cancer in the sentinel node.
  • Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Options
    I had 12 lymph nodes removed & 3 positive. I had 16 rounds of chemo which I finished 3 weeks ago & worked & exercised all way through. Started hormone therapy last Monday (no side affects yet) & radiotherapy starting on Monday. Best of luck, it all seems really scary at first, but just take a day at a time.
  • Jane-Altona
    Jane-Altona Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi Sheryn, you are similar to me: stage 2, grade 2, lumpectomy, hormone positive, Her 2 negative, 3 sentinel nodes removed but 1 positive for cancer. I did chemo (3 rounds of FEC & 3 rounds of Docetaxel) for 5 months followed by 4 weeks of radiation. As I am post menopause I am now on Letrozole, a hormone, inhibitor for 5-10 years. I am now 10 months post chemo and I am fit and well with hair! It was a hard slog but I tried to just take it a day at a time & I used all the resources offered by my team. So hang on tight we are stronger than we think. Feel free to ask me questions. Best wishes, Jane
  • sheryn
    Options
    Thank you Jane its nice to have an idea of what I may be infor until my medical oncology appointment. Can I ask when you said with hair do that mean you didn't loose it or it has brown back? 
    I have to say Im neither here nor there about loosing my hair as long, I have a plan to get rid of the BC I dont care. 
    xxxx
  • Jane-Altona
    Jane-Altona Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi Sheryn, I lost my hair. I was warned it would happen very early and they were right. I lost all the hair on my body, and I do mean ALL, within the first month and didn't get any growth until about 3 months after the last round. Yes I was getting worried. But it has grown back thick and curly on my head, I now have a very nice pixie style and had my first hair cut last week, I was very excited :) I decided right from the beginning not to try cold caps as it added to the length of time in the chemo chair and didn't think I could cope with the pain etc plus the chemo. I was actually more upset about losing my eyebrows & eyelashes. Make sure you book into the Look Good Feel Better workshops, they give you info about wigs, scarfs, drawing eyebrows etc. it was a lot of fun with ladies like us. I got a wig and used it a lot, it made me feel a bit normal. Xx