Arimadex Withdrawal

Andij
Andij Member Posts: 115
Has anyone had Arimadex withdrawal? I have been off it for four days and feel decidely more depressed than when I was on it and also quite nauseous?

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Hi @Andij have you been in touch with your breast care nurse?
  • Andij

Hi @Andij have you been in touch with your breast care nurse?

I have never had a breast care nurse. I saw someone once when I had my original surgery but that is it??
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    It might be a good idea to check with your doctor @Andij. I am on  a similar drug, another aromotase inhibitor, Femara (Letrozole). Last year I had a break from it while on an overseas holiday at the suggestion of my oncologist. I had no withdrawal symptoms, just an instant relief from the joint pain. Are you stopping it under consultation with your oncologist? If you are having trouble with side effects then your doctor would be the best person to discuss this with. There are things that can help or alternative drugs too. I had a lot of trouble with Femara in the first 12 months or so but have found solutions to most things now. 
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Maybe @maryroset1 @rowdy @Tracey B and @Rubychloe could help you out @Andij.
  • maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    Howdy 
    I am still on arimidex and will be for many years so havent any experience with withdrawals. If i were in your shoes i would give my oncologist a call to discuss further.

Maryrose 
  • Andij

Deanne said:

It might be a good idea to check with your doctor @Andij. I am on  a similar drug, another aromotase inhibitor, Femara (Letrozole). Last year I had a break from it while on an overseas holiday at the suggestion of my oncologist. I had no withdrawal symptoms, just an instant relief from the joint pain. Are you stopping it under consultation with your oncologist? If you are having trouble with side effects then your doctor would be the best person to discuss this with. There are things that can help or alternative drugs too. I had a lot of trouble with Femara in the first 12 months or so but have found solutions to most things now. 

Thanks Deanne. Yes doing this under the care of my Oncologist. It is only 5 days off it. But was just wondering about side effects.
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Hi I'm only 2 years in taking arimidex will be on for 10 years, didn't know docs recommended a break.
    Chat to your doc and tell them how you feel, I find since starting treatment I have very little patience for some things and if you ask my husband I'm a bitch but not as bad as I was on Tamoxafen. BC just keeps giving