work

Options
rowdy
rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
Hi Ladies I hope you are well today.
Today is my last day of leave,I have had 2 months of work. I had all these plans to do so many things, but basically I have caught up with friends, read some books and generally done not much. My son got married in January and this was a joy. I'm not looking forward to going back to work, I really need to reduce my hours, but my daughter is moving to the UK and I need to work to pay for trip over in October. So at the moment I'm telling myself that time will go quickly and I can do it.
I feel like a bit of a winger, I don't cope as  well as I used to.
Thank you for listening

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Rowdy, you're not a whinger!! I went back to work after two months off and I honestly don't know where that time went!! I was busy having a lovely sociable time and work got in the way of that!! Now that I'm back however, I remember why I love my work and the people I work with so much. Having your goal of going to the UK is an absolutely brilliant reason to go back and if the time flies as quickly as the first two months have you'll blonknand be there before you know it. Personally I'm still hoping for the elusive lotto win. Xx Cath
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Bwahahaha just re-read my post. So I do think you should go ahead and blonk though - so much more fun than blinking!!!
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Rowdy it sounds like in that 2 months you were BUSY living!! so how fantastic! in terms of work, is it possible to reduce hours as they may help and you may manage the whole thing better?? Im 13 months post Chemo and only doing 3 days and honestly it really is hard, I dont cope physically with it, but have to work. So its all about balance I say!!! x
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Hi Rowdy, I had 11 weeks off work and the time just flew.  At first my body was simply healing but I extended my leave twice by 2 weeks each time as my mind had to heal too.  For the last few weeks I enjoyed my house and garden, caught up with friends and spent quality time with my husband.  I wondered when I would feel up to going back to work, then one morning about a week out from my return date everything just felt right.  I knew I could face the day to day routine.  I was encouraged to go back on a return to work basis, half days or 3 days a week.  It would be hard for me to walk out of work halfway through the day so I am glad I stuck to my guns and took the extra time until I was ready to return full time.
    Time does goes quickly especially once you are back in routine, and you have such a wonderful goal ahead of you with a trip to the UK to work towards.   Wishing you an easy, stress free first week at work.  Jane xx

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Just do your best and don't forget to get plenty of sleep at night. Don't go taking every social engagement on but just pace yourself. <3
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Isnt it shitty tattslotto l say. Im sure something happens to us l retired as u know went back to work have the best amazing job but l would rather be home l simply loved it. But those bloody bills poke into the letter box. Love and hugs to you
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Thanks ladies tomorrow is d  day I will do my best not to stress
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    All the best for today @rowdy x
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    Options
    Hope today's return to work goes well Rowdy and that the time flies before you go over to the UK in October - it's a lovely goal to keep in mind. Hopefully then you can reduce your hours. Much as I'd like to do more work, I still get very tired so can understand how you feel. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    sending you energy and hugs Rowdy hope that you slip back into your routine easily   xox