Oestrogen Positive and early 40's

Options
Vickiddo
Vickiddo Member Posts: 11
I'm looking for any other women out there that only have the ER+ breast cancer. I found a lump in November and have since had surgery and started chemo (4 x TC). Mine was stage 1 grade 2 and no nodes. I guess I'm looking for light at the end of tunnel.

Comments

• RNSW
    RNSW Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Hi @Vickiddo,
    I know it's alot to deal with.... I was diagnosed a year and a half ago at 40. A single mum of 2 beautiful boys. Similar to you but mine was stage 2 and in 3/10 nodes. I had a lumpectomy, 6 months of chemo then 6 weeks radiation. I am now on Tamoxifen for 10 years and doing well.
    You have caught it early so that is the best. We are definitely stronger than we know. 
    This is a great place to be for support.
    Rita xo
  • Pammy46
    Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi vicki 
    i too found my lump in November had surgery they removed 3 tumours all grade 1 so no chemo but start 7 weeks of radiation tomorrow I am at the medical oncologist now will get script today for tamoxifen as I am also ER + I am 46 and have opted for ovary removal to stop my oestrogen production what a journey we are on hope your doing well xx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Hi Vicki,
    I'm half way through TC, third round next week. I've had a recurrence of ER + after 10 years disease free (well obviously not, but ignorance is bliss)
    I had my ovaries out before I started chemo as I wasn't totally  menopausal and had no appetite for Zolodex implants after the chemo and radiotherapy. I'm 53 and have pretty much run out of removable bits.
    I too would like to see a light at the end of the tunnel which is not an oncoming train. The whole business is sobloody inconvenient and I want my blissfully ignorant life back.
  • Vickiddo
    Options
    Did you have chemo last time? What did you have done the first time?
  • Vickiddo
    Options
    What made you decide on ovary removal?
  • Vickiddo
    Options
    How did you travel through the chemo? I've had one round and had to have the Neulasta injection on Friday. I've had no side effect from the chemo but this needle is hurting my bones. I get sick on pain killers and anti nausea doesn't do anything - I can't win
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Tell them anti nausea isn't working...there are many many options to help with that.
  • Butterfly 40
    Butterfly 40 Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi Vicki,
    I was diagnosed December and had lumpectomy. I was stage 1 grade 2 with clear lymph nodes as well, estrogen and progesterone positive, HER2 negative. I don't understand why you need chemo, I was told I don't need it? I am wondering how big your lump was? My lumps were 5mm and 3mm. Although I don't need chemo, i am waiting for mastectomy now. 

Wishing you the best getting through chemo!

Lots of love and hugs for you! 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    @Butterfly 40 Everyone's treatment is unique and depends on the  size, grade, proliferation rate and whether nodes are involved and if so how many with breast cancer. Just thought I'd let you know. 
  • Vickiddo
    Options
    My lump was 19mm therefore it was on the border line (20mm) so I opted to have it. Because of my age my onc recommended it.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Hi Vicki
    I had bilateral mastectomy and chemo in 2006. This time it's Tc and then radiotherapy. I decided to get rid of the ovaries as I wasn't quite menopausal and didn't want to faff around with zolodex in order to have the hormone therapy I want. Besides, if they are not in there, I don't have to worry about them. There were a couple of cysts that showed up on the CT which was reason enough for me.
    The Neulasta was the bane of my existence for the last two AC treatments and the first round this time. Then I discovered articles about taking Claratin (loratadine) antihistamine in conjunction with the chemo. One tablet a day for ten days. It's helped tremendously with the bone pain. I've gone from on the floor completely screwed for a week to mild and manageable pain which is worst on day 4. Targin slow release opiate is also helping. I cope well with opiates and I think it keeps me a bit relaxed as well as managing the pain. If you feel like you have been punched in the face--weird sinus pain, tell your onc; mine also prescribed antibiotics this round as he said it helps with that. How, I don't know. I don't care. As long as it works.
    PM me if you want to chat.
    Marg
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    HI Vicki! I had my first diagnosis at 43 and a recurrence in 2015 at the 4yr mark after having radiation and tamoxifen for 4yrs. My diagnosis 2015 was ER+ only, clear margins, no node involvement Stage 2 but Grade 3, so had to do Chemo 4 FEC 3 weeks apart and 8 Taxol weekly. The Oncologist said Grade 3 is usually his rule of thumb for Chemo. I am 1yr post now very long recovery but doing ok and on Arimidex. Unfortunately on 27th feb I now have to have a mastectomy in case of another recurrence which is very difficult to come to terms with. Chemo I found very difficult but only because I am drug sensitive so was quite ill. Lots of ladies are not and are able to work, that wasnt the case for me. Everyone is different, and there absolutely is light and treatment ahead for us all. One step and one day at a time. Hugs Melinda xo