Keep on keeping on!

Tashie125
Tashie125 Member Posts: 74
I haven't checked in here for a long time, once upon a time it was daily!  So I'm four years post diagnosis and loving life.  I did chemo, rads and 12 months of herceptin, when treatment finished I packed up the family and went trevalling for 4 months, we had the best time together.  Came home quit our jobs, moved and started again which has been one of the best decisions we have made, less stress, less hours at work, more time with the kids and more time enjoying life.  I get to see my little girl start Kindy next week (was 9 months when I was diagnosed) and I'm grateful for everyday I'm here.  So to the newbies, hang in there - it's does get better.  For me it's been fairly true what they say about being a different person when you come out of the storm.  Love and light to all xxxx

Comments

• RNSW
    RNSW Member Posts: 121
    Hi, thats great to hear that everything is going well.  I'm at a year and a half past diagnosis and I to have made changes. It's funny how easy it is to reassess your life after such an event. I work less and take things as they come. Life is there to be enjoyed. Good on you xo
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Tashie!!! That is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!! 2015 I learnt to put Work LAST and ME first, Ive never looked back :) Ive had it twice 5yrs so Im brutally determined this time, its finished!!! Making lots of changes after this year too, looking forward to moving on and enjoying life! xo
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hi Tashie, how excellent that your life has so radically improved!! And what an experience you have given your family with the travelling for 4 months :smiley:. What a huge change in your lifestyle and it really does hit home that you work to live not the other way around.Thanks so much for sharing, I've read this post with a big grin on my face because your enthusiasm and zest for life is so very obvious. Wishing you continued abundant happiness, love, and laughter. Xx Cath