Passing of Pink66

primek
primek Member Posts: 5,392
edited January 2017 in Community news and events
Our beautiful Sharon Driessan aka @Pink66 has peacefully passed. Below is the post put on by her son under her name of facebook letting us know. 

"On Friday at about 9.30pm Sharon passed away. Sahe passed in her sleep and wasn't in any pain. (Apologies for the misconception I typed mum out of habit, but I am Sharon's son Douglas.)"

Sharon was a fighter, an inspirer and a loving mother and friend.

I had the privelege of knowing her away from this site. Always just by modern technology,  we actually first met through weight watchers online.

She will be missed by so many.

RIP Sharon

:'( 
Tagged:

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Oh Kath, thanks for sharing! That's really sad! xo
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    That's sad.  RIP.  Thinking of her family and friends.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Oh that is so sad! That news has rocked me! Her posts were so full of warmth and fight and turtle hugs.
    RIP
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Thanks for letting us know. So sad. She was an amazing person. I remember her 'gratefulness' posts. Her photography was amazing too. She made a difference. xxx
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Such terribly sad news. I'm sure I'm one of many who will miss Sharon's beautiful posts and her words of hope and comfort. A sad loss to our little community. 
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    So sad to read this news - thank you Kath for posting on the message. Sharon will be missed by all of us who remember her lovely posts.
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    So sad we never know when it is our time, i remember her posts when I first joined.
    thanks you for letting us know. My condolences to her family xx
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    I loved chatting with her . Her honesty was such an inspiration. We will miss her turtle. Fly free
  • Lizzie13
    Lizzie13 Dragonfly Posts: 46
    RIP beautiful soul. You were such a rock to me and your blogs helped me in some dark days. 
  • Southgirl
    Southgirl Member Posts: 80
    I only saw some of her recent posts, but they were so full of warmth and humour and realism. So sad.
  • ccasper
    ccasper Dragonfly Posts: 190
    Rest Easy Pink66 xx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Such terribly sad news.  Will miss her turtle hugs.  May she be at peace.
    Paula xx
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Rest peacefully and fly free Pink66 x
  • Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    Rest in peace Sharon - a brave advocate for us all. Condolences to all her family and friends.