Just diagnosed but cannot even contact a surgeon until 9th January. Stress levels high.

Options

Comments

• Mima
    Mima Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks @Unicornkisses really need that hug right now.

One daughter is coming with me and the other daughter who has to work volunteered her partner to mind her sister's children so she can come. They are trying to be supportive but know they are struggling to. Unfortunately don't have a partner to share this journey with, do have a good friend who has been offering what support he can by phoning each day but he lives over 100 km away. The nights are hardest when everyone has their own lives and you have only time to think.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Mima just wanted to wish you well for your Path results, its one of the toughest parts of this. Wishing nothing but good news for you. Day at a time step at a time, lots of rest and healing to you, Mima I too am like you, dont have much support and go to all appointments alone. The nights are the hardest, I have a partner but lives far away so I do it on my own. xx Melinda 
  • Mima
    Options
    Thanks so much @melclarity.
    Didn't get a lot of sleep but should know outcome in a few hours if he is on time.
    Fingers AND toes crossed. Know I can't change the outcome but here's hoping for positive results :-) :-)
  • melclarity
    Options
    @Mima YES I have everything crossed for you too!! After having been through this twice I know too well the angst of this appointment! Let us know how you go!! Deep Breath, just remember no matter what you have got this, and will be OK! Hugs Melinda xo
  • Mima
    Options
    Thank you @melclarity.
    Have come this far. I just keep going over worst case scenarios in my head trying to prepare if news is bad. Trouble is when ,i got first call back all the literature and person on phone said 90% people ccalled back don't have cancer. Unfortunately I was in that 10% that did!!
    Hard to be positive right now. ,:(
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Won't be long now and you will know where you are at and the treatment plan will be formulated!  Remember you've got all of us here to help you through!  Sending you a virtual hug!

• melclarity
    Options
    Oh the person on the phone said that? really? Ive never heard of that, normally they dont say anything. Is this your Surgeon your seeing for path results? Did you have a biopsy prior to this? Of course be positive :) and I say that from my experience Ive learnt to go into these appointments positive, but not for the outcome but for HOW I handle whatever it will be...that was the key for me. So once you get there you'll know, which will be great. x
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Hang in there. So glad someone is with you and you'll soon have a plan. 
  • Butterfly 40
    Butterfly 40 Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi Mima, 

That's my attitude as well, hoping for the best but prepare for the worst! 

Good luck and wish you get a good result!

lots of love and hugs for you!

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Hi Mima, have been thinking of you and hope you got a good result this morning.  Jane x
  • Mima
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone, it really helped
  • melclarity
    Options
    Oh Mima!! Thats wonderful news!! you really did get the best results you could have hoped for! So DCIS?? that's what I had my first diagnosis, its pre cancer, and I had to have radiation plus Tamoxifen for 5yrs. Enjoy the cruise! x
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Woooo hoooo such great results Mima, so happy for you. Amongst so many who are not so fortunate it is wonderful to hear of a happy outcome, congratulations.  Enjoy a celebration tonight and your well deserved cruise, Jane xx 

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Fantastic results