Just diagnosed but cannot even contact a surgeon until 9th January. Stress levels high.

Options

Comments

• Pammy46
    Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Oh bugger thinking of you it's so hard this journey just when we think one thing bam, I started off from biopsy 1 small tumour tubular 
    to final pathology after lumpectomy 
    3 tumour satellite DCIS 
    sending loads of hugs we are all here for you xx
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Right on!  Step at a time, we are all here. Xx Melinda 
  • Vivianna
    Vivianna Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Im so sorry to hear your news, keep strong and keep looking forward.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Oh no, what a terrible shock for you. I'm so very sorry for your news - as the other ladies who have been through this have said, one step at a time. You can do this and we are all here for you.  Sending a hug, Jane xx

• Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Good on you for your positive attitude. That's the way to go. You can get through this.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Keep a mind to reconstruction. I had my reduced skin wise and a tissue expander implant put in 3/4 filled. Woke up with boobs. Looks good. Not the same sensation of couse but they look good. It's  a lot to think about but you have time during chemo to decide  x
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Primek, my surgeon said to consider the surgery during chemo.
    But I am not sure what options I have now. As I have to have radiation, after the mastectomy, doesn't that limit my options?
    I didn't think I cared about a mastectomy but now I have had a reduction on the other side it seems a pity not to do something on the right. 
    And by then it might be nice to do something just to make me feel good?

and then again, do I trust the whole mammogram and ultrasound system enough to leave the left breast on anyway?

the positivity goes up and down, along with my emotions.
    mostly I just feel sick.

but I guess that will pass and I will just get on with it again.

my husband and I had booked a cruise in two weeks time,  before all this happened. 
    We are going on it and will try not to think too much about cancer.
    I can't go swimming, but I sure can enjoy all the pampering, no cooking, no cleaning.
    Then back to the Chemo and onto the cancer roller coaster once again.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I know of woman who have had tissue expanders put in at time of mastectomy, quickly inflated  ( sometimes a wee bit more than finally needed) then they have their radiotherapy. After all nicely healed the changeover to the softer silicon ones are done. It is possible. And as you've already had reduction and lift it should be a lot less work. My mastectomy and tissue expanders were put in ...without knowing for certain if radiotherapy would be needed (need node results to be certain) .That way it could still happen. So have your consults during your chemo and they can plan the date for when finished and before radio. Best of luck. Kath x
  • Unicornkisses
    Options
    Thank you, Kath. I am going to have to research that some more I guess.
    if a silicon one is possible, I think that is more the way I would go.

My bone scan and CT full body are scheduled for next Thursday.

Oncologist closed today, so won't get an appointment day until Monday, I guess.
    Are they usually quick to get into?

I have been researching the Chemo section now in my "bible" book from the my journey pack.
    and referring to the pathology report, with the help of Mr Google to understand some of the words and terms.
    I think I am actually starting to understand some of it.
    so far two A4 pages of questions to ask.
  • melclarity
    Options
    Oh gosh Unicornkisses you are well prepared. Ask away here too, am sure as a collective there would be loads of information. Melinda xo
  • Unicornkisses
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hehehe, Melinda, I have a lot of time on my hands, I can't work and am not enjoying this enforced inactivity. I am also a compulsive list maker.

You, yourself have inspired me with your vast knowledge of the system. 

And I am not good at waiting, I need to fill my time. Jennie
  • melclarity
    Options
    Haha Jennie!!! Ohhh gosh yes that forced inactivity was the toughest for me through Chemo having to stop work, Ive never been so ill in all my life OMG!! but once I let go and just listened to my body I was really ok. I kept stopping and focusing back to myself through that time, whatever I felt would nurture me as was bedridden alot! Uuugh. Now am kicking butt with my exercise physiolgist and loving it feeling all my muscles working again LOL. Ohhh to only be facing surgery in the weeks to come NOOOOOO!!! day at a time, thats what we all do!!! What I love about here too is, besides other research you can do, you can then get others experiences and all of that together I have found so invaluable. Honestly Id be lost without these ladies! As I talk to nobody else about it all, because NOBODY gets it. :) Melinda xo
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    That's right we get it and we're all in this together 
  • Mima
    Mima Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Unicornkisses
    Hi @Unicornkisses
    Thanks for your feedback on my wall.

I went with my gut and had my surgery 9 days ago. I 
    went for wide excision lumpectomy, sentinel node biopsy and bilateral mammoplasty reduction. Has been healing well and my breast care nurse was very happy and surprised at how well they had healed on day 5 when dressing changed.

I go for path results and removal of dressings tomorrow morning! Hope my results will be ok but am feeling very anxious. Hopefully he will say he has got clear margins and sentinal node was negative for cancer cells. Hopefully right breast also healthy.

Not too much pain considering but have been keeping up pain meds.

Don't want to have chemo, hopefully will only need radiotherapy and maybe Tamoxifen if hormone receptor positive.

• Unicornkisses
    Options
    I am sure you will have an excellent result, Mima. It is surprising how little pain there is when you consider the bruising and wild colour across your chest, isn't it. I was sent home with Endone just in case but never needed it, just made sure I didn't over do things. The very best of luck tomorrow, I know how anxious you must be. What ever the results you will be strong enough to get through the treatment. The initial shock knocked me sideways and I was very emotional for a few days, still am sometimes. But really we do the treatment we have to have, there isn't any other choice.
    Sending you a sisterly arm around your shoulder. ❤️