Treatment plan

Options
Lmc1310
Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
edited December 2016 in Newly diagnosed
Hello again, here is my treatment plan and seems like it is pretty standard for stage 2b er+Her2+ And cancer in 1/16 lympth nodes and 1/1 intrammary node. AC 3 weekly x 4; Paclitaxel weekly for 12 weeks + herceptin three weekly (continue for 12 months); radiotherapy for 6 weeks then tablets for Er+ for 5-10 years. To say I'm not scared would be, as you all no doubt can relate to, a major fib. I have seen two oncologists who agreed on the treatment plan. It is all still surreal much of the time except for the half a tennis ball size swelling under my armpit following a lumpectomy. Trying to walk and eat well. Best wishes to everyone 
Tagged:

Comments

• Shaylls
    Shaylls Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Sounds like a similar treatment plan to mine. When do you start ? I'm scared as hell at what's ahead so can definitely relate xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi to you both! Understandable emotion that you both conveyed. Wishing you both well as you start this phase of treatment. Listen to the advice of your chemo team and rest when needed 
    Take care xx
  • Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Hi both, I am on the same plan, about to have 4th dose of Paclitaxol. I still managed to work through the AC with only 2 days off. Hardly any nausea, a bit of heartburn, not much tiredness. Taxol is fine so far, hoping it continues. It is very scary but once you start it is easier. All the ladies I am having chemo with are on the same plan too so it is quite common. Good luck & take care.
  • Lmc1310
    Options
    Hello Shaylls - I start on 6 January when do you start? I try to calm myself by saying the sooner treatment starts the sooner it will be over. Having Her2 really concerns me though. Have a great day and rest up. 
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Good morning ladies the beginning is scary, I found once I started things settled a bit. In saying that things can change quickly. I took it one day at a time. Good luck to you both xx
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @Lmc1310 It is a huge shock and of course fear creeps in of the unknown when it comes to treatment. I remember it very well! I was petrified, I did 4 FEC 3 weeks apart then 8 weeks of Taxol weekly. All I can say, is the Staff and medical team are so wonderful and so helpful. Once you are on your way, you will settle down as you know then what to expect. Don't forget to relay every bit of information at every infusion and ask, ask, and ask some more for any assistance from them. It is absolutely doable!!!!! and remember it is different for everyone, so slowly does it! Hugs Melinda xo
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options

Hi

I too had much the same regimen (no radiotherapy as I had a mastectomy) and also found it quite doable - no nausea or fatigue with the A/C, a few side effects with Taxol, mainly irritating rather than serious, no side effects with Herceptin. I worked throughout chemo as I too found it a useful diversion, and maintained normality. After 12 months,when I had finished the active bit of treatment and was on pills only, I did change my job (new challenge) and slightly reduce my hours.  You will know yourself what feels best. Best wishes.

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I had the same chemo regime. I was sick on AC but was managed with medication. I had some issues with taxol and felt miserable on it...but a few weeks after it all just seemed so doable to me. I've  got chemo amnesia I think. I'm still having Herceptin which makes me a bit tired and did have some heart issues..which I just needed a short break and some medication which should see me complete the 12 months and then it should completely recover. Yes there are many side effects but most can be managed and it is so worth it for the gift of life. Hope it goes smoothly for you. Kath x
  • Shaylls
    Shaylls Member Posts: 36
    Options
    @Lmc1310 I start the day before you - 5th January. Getting close now. 
  • Lmc1310
    Options
    hi all thanks so much for your encouraging responses - I get a port put in on Wednesday and yesterday the amazing breast care nurse Lorraine drained my senoma. What a relief and I didn't feel a thing. Lorraine was very kind and gave me heaps of time explaining the treatment and possible side effects. Then I went to have my arm stocking fitted and to learn how to drain the fluid by opening up the lymphatics. (I think that is the process) I am lucky enough to have a physiotherapist who works with breast cancer patients. Our bodies are incredible! Shaylls I will be thinking of you on Thursday and will be sending hugs.