Weight Loss on Tamoxifen .... Progress Report

chibipink
chibipink Member Posts: 29
Happy Christmas Everyone.
3 months ago I posted on this forum announcing my experiment to see if it really is impossible to lose weight on Tamoxifen. I've been blogging every week and a handful of lovely ladies have been following along. It has really been important to me to know that people have been watching and supporting me, and I want to thank all the ladies who have read my posts.

Today is the end of the first stage of the experiment and you can see the results at https://girlvstamoxifen.wordpress.com/2016/12/23/progress-report/
complete with photos.

The results aren't spectacular (I'm not very disciplined, it turns out) but they are significant. I hope you'll check it out.

Comments

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Good job chibipink, you can really see the difference in the back photo. :smile:
  • chibipink
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Doing fabulously.  :D
  • HelloCaroline
    HelloCaroline Member Posts: 52
    Well done Chibipink. You're achieving great results!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    You did far better than me. Once I started recovering after treatment that weight came back so fast it was scary. I have managed to halt the weight on and drop it about a kg and that's probably where it will stay.
    Have you noticed once you stop eating some foods, after a while you don't even want them? Put a lolly in front of me once upon a time and I would take it and then go after the whole packet but now its rare I will even eat a lolly.
  • chibipink
    Thankyou everyone for your encouragement. That's really important for me.
    Yes, Brenda, I have lost my craving for sweet things, they don't "speak" to me like they used to :), but if I start nibbling at them, the craving returns. Actually, my biggest downfall is white bread and peanut butter. I'd eat one piece and then think "Well I guess I'll stop when either the jar or the loaf are gone, let's see which is first." :)
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    That's fantastic!!! well done! I havent found the secret to stop chocolate!!! or a lolly...Im with an Exercise Physiologist but have only just begun and am only doing stretching exercises and even that leaves me sore. So its difficult when I can't even exercise to get the weight off, then I get upset and reach for chocolate...
  • Pattie
    Pattie Member Posts: 4
    Congratulations you look great