Started swearing!

13»

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hi Lisa, Congratulations on getting the surgery over and done with. It's a bit of a wait for results but try and do enjoyable things and rest, relax and recuperate. Wishing you all the best for your pathology. Xx Cath
  • Lisa50
    Lisa50 Member Posts: 28
    I'm never sure where to write updates??
    Well my results were not good unfortunately. Originally diagnosed with 5mm invasive ductal carcinoma. Had Wide local excision, 4 lymph nodes removed. (5th Jan) Pathology says 22mm stage 2, grade 2, invasive lobular carcinoma with extensive atypia (pre-cancer cells) Est & Prog + . Lmph nodes clear. So I had to make the decision re Resection or mastectomy..
    I decided to have a resection (many reasons) and am booked in this Friday 27th Jan. I have only just started to feel a bit better & now have to start all over again. Still need rads (even if I had Mastectomy) I am really upset by all this, feeling overwhelmed & annoyed! Want to run away and return when it is over!!
    I always find comfort though when I come here :) Thanks to all you beautiful ladies X

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    @Lisa50 I just wanted to help you out with where to post.
    If you are updating or commenting to a conversation that you have started (just like this one) then this is the right way to go.
    If you want to start a new conversation about a new question or something different then you just press "New discussion". It will create a new post into the online network.
    Please continue to come online, the members as well as the community team are here for you x
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Lisa, Im so sorry to hear of your news!!! Uuugh I so understand, Ive had 2 major lumpectomies but unfortunately now as precaution I have to have a Mastectomy, but I dont regret having done it this way at all. I think the tough part is when you run out of choices and you have to do things you dont necessarily want to. Id love to wake up at the end of this year once I got surgery/recon out the way OUCH!!! Hang in there, day at a time!!! x
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Lisa, Sorry to hear your news. It is quite normal to want to run and hide, feel annoyed, cranky, and totally cheesed off!!! First things first - have a humongous cry! If it makes you feel better go for a full blown tanty - throw things (hopefully soft toys), cry, scream if it helps and if you have a soft floor covering you could even go for the full body throw (with leg and arm action! ;) and then when you're exhausted, and calmer and hopefully feeling a bit better you might find it a tiny bit easier to accept - does NOT mean you have to like it in any way shape or form! On a very positive note this Friday is so fast for your surgery to be scheduled so you will be able to get back on track for hearing the all important All Clear!!  Sending a huge virtual hug and best wishes. Xx Cath
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Lisa, my thoughts are very much with you. To have one diagnosis and then have to go back for more surgery is the absolute pits! I feel very much for you as I get my pathology results on Wednesday. I am trying not to think that far ahead and just recover from the surgery for now.
    i am so sorry that you should have received that result, and hope you take a little comfort that we are right there beside you.
  • Lisa50
    Lisa50 Member Posts: 28
    Thanks girls! :) Yes, Mel it would be great to sleep until it is over! Do you have a date for your reconstruction yet? You have been through so much!
    Scoda, I love the tanty idea...might even try that (carefully of course, as Im still sore!) ;) I have had my fair share of tears as Im sure you all have.
    Unicornkisses, my thoughts are with you for tomorrow, please let us know how you go...
    I am going to see the anesthetist today to try to find a way of preventing my horrible post-op nausea (14 hours) prior to surgery this Friday. Small things can made a difference!
    Hope you all have a lovely day today! X
  • melclarity
    Lisa, I have my pre admission appointment this Monday,just waiting on Surgeon to confirm 2 proposed dates in February. Its all getting kinda real now...AAAAAH!!!! When the hospital rang yesterday she also said for me to talk to the Anaesthetist on Monday and all the Team, there will be ways around the nausea and vomiting. Mine is definitely more related to the narcotics as surgery prior to that one I was nauseas but not vomiting. I agree there has to be a plan, am so anxious and the nurse even said as Im having a Mastectomy/Diep Flap recon all in one, its huge and difficult to be vomiting with an abdominal surgery. YIKES!!! 

Ohhh I love the Tanty!!!! full body on the floor....that was me last night HAHAHAHA!!!! and I don't care somedays are overwhelming and we are Human...and fear takes over causing so much angst. Once we start whatever we are facing we are always much better. Hugs Melinda xo
  • Unicornkisses
    Hi lisa50, well, I was feeling for you having to go back for more as the pathology came back so much worse than first thought. And now I am in the same boat. Much worse than first thought!
    my findings are in my first post and they have completely taken my surgeon and myself by surprise. Or should I say shock.
    how could it have been so wrong the first time?
  • melclarity
    Unicornkisses my first diagnosis in 2011, 2 biopsies came back benign. But scans looked suspicious. My surgeon wasnt happy as said biopsies miss half the time or only get a tiny bit of it. He opted immediate lumpectomy thank God!!! I had BC!!! After recurrence in 2015 and same thing biopsies blah blah told nothing. So another lumpectomy. If ever again i would bypass it and just do lumpectomy save myself the pain and mental pain! I hear you..but now having mastectomy cant risk again.
  • Unicornkisses
    It makes you wonder what you have to do to safeguard yourself, doesn't it?
    taking lumps out every time there is something found sounds a bit extreme, doesn't it.
  • melclarity
    Oh I know and my Breast is now a cup smaller than the good one, so with surgery he's going to make it even to match the other but I wanted him to reduce not put more in my left uuuugh lol but he doesn't want to touch my good one. So will have to work hard and get those damn 6kg off that won't budge haha! 
  • RNSW
    RNSW Member Posts: 121
    Hi Lisa,
    So sorry for your news. I had a similar situation where mine was 10mm after surgery it was 27mm. It is hard to wrap your head around it all. I ended up having 6 months of chemo which wasn't fun.
    I just wanted to mainly say good luck with your surgery and sending you hugs.
    Best wishes
    Rita xo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Hope all goes well with surgery...sad for the pathology differences. Mine was diagnosed as grade 2 1.4 mm and ended up being a 1.9mm grade 3 after surgety. I underwent all scans pre chemo commencement. Fortunately they were clear and no nodes evident of disease. Really it is good that they found all those micro cancers and they will be removed and the right treatment will be commenced, as much as we hate the change. Best of luck. Kath x