BCNA Forum @ Hahndorf

Options
Scared Mum
Scared Mum Member Posts: 169
edited December 2016 in Community news and events
Well Today Nat and I went along to the BCNA forum that was held in Hahndorf SA it was very informative. just as I was thinking ok I have to get up and walk around (the chairs were like waiting room chairs ugg lol) we got to do exercises with our very own @Ann-Marie_BCNA  on a video but it was like she was there with us lol
 We got to meet a lovely lady from here @holly1981  was so nice to put a face to a name <3   <3 we also met Realene Boyle :) always a treat to meet a famous person and she is so funny. If you get a chance I would definitely go along .  
Cheers Sue 

Tagged:

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Excellent that you had a good time  :)
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    Hi @Scared Mum it's great to read that you enjoyed the forum and you felt like I was there with you  :) . The information forums are just wonderful for so many reasons and to top it Realene is just amazing!
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi I would like to say that I too went to the forum at Hahndorf, as its a 6 hour round trip for us, we stayed in a lovely motel there the night before,I cant thank BCNA enough for organising this, its the first time I have been able to go to an event where all the ladies there are "in the same boat" as me, it was a pleasure to meet Danielle Spence (@Danielle_BCNA), and a great opportunity to put a face to a name,Dr.Carrie Lethborg asshe and I have spoken several times as she is the BCNA counsellor for women and men with Metastatic Breast Cancer, so you can imagine how I felt when she gave me a big hug!!! all of the speakers had so much relevant information to pass on to us and each and every subject broached had relevance for all of us, Raelene Boyle was such a down to earth person who had us in fits of laughter, the lunch was beautifully presented all in all a fantastic day, please dont make it the last!!
    wendy 55
  • Scared Mum
    Options
    I should asked on here before we went if anyone else was going?  would have been great to catch up with you too @wendy 55   
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    Yes, what a pity,I should have asked too as it seems there were severals ladies on the bcna network from adelaide who were there, where were you sitting?did you have your daughter with you as well?
    wendy 55
  • Scared Mum
    Options
    Yes Nat was with me in the early breast cancer group,  We were sitting close to the back with the very out spoken young lady. so we should have a BCNA Adelaide group catch in the new year