Underwire Free Bra's

socoda
socoda Member Posts: 1,767
Hi lovelies, Just thought I'd put this post up. All of my bra wearing life I have been an underwire fan. I love the styles, colours, shaping that can be achieved with the assistance of that lovely little piece of wire. BUT, ALAS my relationship with underwire has come to an end :'( So had been slowly checking out the wire free scene and wasn't terribly impressed UNTIL (da da daaaaaaaahhhhhhh) I spotted these beauties in Big W for $14-00  :) Yayyyyyyyyy!!!! They are padded, push up, wire free, comfortable plus (apart from the wriggle dance getting them on) and am loving the colours!!! So got me some and will probably get some more. Only drawback is that they dont have adjustable straps - so far haven't found that to be a huge problem. Xx Cath

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    They look very nice but tradional straps would be nice, sigh. Wish there was more out there.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445

A friend found these Bras by accident in Best and Less for
    only $10 they have a pocket.

http://www.bestandless.com.au/Womens-Clothing/Underwear-%26-Lingerie/Bras/Wirefree-Bras/SEAM-FREE-CROP-WOMENS/p/240325?searchText=240325 SEAM FREE CROP WOMENS 

They have inserts
    which can be removed and your knitted knockers or prosthesis put in she has
    said they are very comfortable.

They have fancy ones also in prints etc.  

• socoda
    Wow Alice, what a range, fantastic!! Thanks  :)
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Yes I was amazed I dont wear anything as I had a double with no reconstruction so I am flat and fabulous... ;)
     ;) 

• ccasper
    ccasper Dragonfly Posts: 190
    I'm sure bonds do wirefree regular strap bras @primek
  • Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    Colleen's in Canberra sell bras for women who have had breast cancer.  They have bras without underwire.  I am a customer.  http://www.colleens.com.au/
  • Chabrittson
    Chabrittson Member Posts: 23
    Target also has a great range of wirefree bras worth taking a look at.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    I got a couple of wire free bras in K-Mart.  A reasonably low V front too. Best of all they have a soft wide band under the cups which avoids sitting on my under breast mastectomy scar.
     Narrow shoulder straps and only $10 from memory! Far cry from the expensive push up bras I used to wear
  • PaulaN
    PaulaN Member Posts: 237
    edited December 2016
    Best & Less have some with traditional straps. And they donate some of the profits to the Cancer Council
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    edited December 2016
    Berlei also makes wireless bras. Berlie is a big supporter of BCNA. They provide the bras in our My Care Kit and are also donating the profits from the Chrissy bra.
  • socoda
    Thanks Cosette, Berlei have done very well with the Chrissy Bra. Will definitely be getting one as I like to support Berlei because of their wonderful support :)
  • Indirus9
    Indirus9 Member Posts: 6
    Boody Shaper crop bra
    After putting on weight and could bear wire bra, I was looking for some confortable bra that wont leave marks and still provide support.  Boody shaper crop bra made of bamboo since then has become my favorite. 
    Just had my left mastectomy with immediate reconstruction, I have brought few wireless with me after surgeryand the only one that I found the most confortable was the boody. 
  • socoda
    oooh this one came up on my internet feed today 
    http://www.newchic.com/bra-and-bra-set-4183 - is overseas but is beautiful.
    Sexy Deep V Gather Breathable No Rims Embroidery Bras
  • Mima
    Mima Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2017
    Got some from Myers called "Moana"- soft with front opening and feel very comfortable after lumpectomy and bilateral reduction mammoplasty. Were $31 with 30% reduction came down to $22. Since my son had given me a $30 gift card got them both for $14 after gift card. Waitng on my Berlei from my BC Nurse. Moana bras have straps.

My daughter did ofer me a crop top but I find them too difficult to get on and off.
  • RNSW
    RNSW Member Posts: 121
    Hi @Socoda,
    They look nice. I prefer comfort these days and only get the underwire bra out sometimes  :)