Take time to BREATHE......

Options
ScorpionQueen
ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
edited November 2016 in Day to day
REST, RECOVER, RESTORE.

OK, I'm over last week's sooky la la rant....It's so silly how your emotions get tipped over the edge.....a toenail? Arrgh!

After much reassurance from my family, I have come to realise something....While the loss of my toenail (and looks like possibly more are going to come off! :/ ) was seen as the icing on my bad week and tipped me over that edge.....it's OK.....it's a nail and there is a new one growing underneath.....It is growing back!.....

Like the bush after a fire, I am slowly rising out of the ashes of the past 10 months......renewing cells......skin......hair......nails....REGENERATING!

My body is healing inside and out......I needed to have that cry and clean out  built up grief....anger....hurt.....sadness......To clear all that chatter and clutter out of my mind.......I needed to BREATHE......

It's strange how you can forget how to take something as simple as a breath.......I mean breathing properly......deeply........We go through life some days taking short, sharp breaths....We don't even realise we do that until we stop and pay attention......

We are so busy, so anxious that we forget to BREATHE.....Our muscles tense our shoulders are hunched.....

Stress has a huge effect on how we breathe...it sucks the air out of us.....the life out of us.....

We need to take time out.....time to just be....time to cry.......time to laugh, really laugh.....release.....BREATHE.

Don't sweat the small stuff....like a bloody dead toenail falling offf!

Take time today.....sit......block out all the chaos around and BREATHE.......

Life is too short.......
 <3
Tagged:

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I've taken a couple  of rest days and went to the movies. Feeling so much less stressed. Doesn't matter if we want  to do things more quickly ...we are not actually in control of the healing...that is work going  on behind the scenes...and we all know how long good finishes take.So eat well, move when you can and breathe...yes breathe. Well said Tracy.