Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Feeling confused

Options
angg66
angg66 Member Posts: 188
Hi lovely ladies,
It's been a while since I posted on the forum but need to share my current thoughts. 

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with bone & liver mets. The oncologist advised that I should go on the oral chemo drug called Xeloda. I took the first course in July & ended up in hospital for three weeks with severe diarrhea. This badly affected my body, so the oncologist gave me 2 months off to recuperate. So when I met with him last week, we were expecting to talk about a different chemo option. But to our surprise the oncologist said my cancer is stable and their is no urgency to do chemo yet. I'm confused. In July he wanted me to do chemo but now in Nov he doesn't even though nothing has changed with my mets.

Not sure how to feel. Should I be happy that the cancer is stable & that i don't need to do chemo yet? But I feel strange doing nothing too. Shouldn't we do chemo now to blast the horrid cancer before it starts spreading rather than wait for it to spread? Very confused! 

Thanks for listening. 
Ange
Tagged:

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My dad was started on Xeloda but they quickly put him on increasing doses of intravenous chemo every 3 weeks. This has been going on since March this year and dad put his foot down and said "I've bloody had enough!" They are reviewing his case today. Lets hope the bone cancer is now in remission.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Angg66, is it possible to have another meeting with your oncologist and ask for justification about the cancer being stable??  Why the change if plan? You need to get your questions answered for your own piece if mind and if he is any good he shouldn't have any qualms about answering those questions :) wishing you all the best xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    @Brenda5, crossing fingers for good results for your dad too!!! Xx
  • angg66
    angg66 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Thanks Brenda5 & socoda for your response. I am compiling a list of questions &  have decided to meet with the oncologist again. I need answers. xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Dads oncologist did no scans or anything, just a blood test which revealed his white cells are far too high so he is back on the chemo merry-go-round indefinitely.