Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Feeling greatful

Options
wendy_h67
wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
Yesterday I attended my oncologist appointment feeling very anxious as I recently had a bone scan with not very good results. There were quite a few new areas and deterioration of the hip area. This scan was followed up by CT scans of all the organs including the brain.  I was convinced that these results would not be good either as I have been feeling extremely tired. What a relief to know the cancer was not in the organs.  I will have to start back on chemo which I have had a break from  for nearly 2 years. The doctors choice was Afinitor which I was not looking forward to.  I dont have much choice as I think they are running out of treatments for me.  I will give it my best shot and I am thankful for the information and help I have received through the BCNA online net work. The Becon also had an article on Afinitor in their last magazine.  So on this bright sunny morning I'm feeling greatful for many things
Tagged:

Comments

• Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi Wendy. I hate that you are going through this but glad that you could find some silver lining.  I hope the next lot of chemo brings you some relief. Sending hugs, Nadine.
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    Hi @wendy h 67 I have found a few other post in the online network to do with Afinitor that may give you some more information ~ Ann-Marie
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi Wendy - it was good to hear your further scans mean they are being thorough and everything else is good.  What a so and so that you have to go back through further treatment but it is for the most important reason, you!  They are certainly looking after you and we are all here willing you on to good results.  Will be thinking of you.  Take care from Christine xx
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Thank you girls