Sylk no longer available

WildflowerWildflower Member Posts: 29
edited November 2016 in Health and wellbeing
I've spent the last week looking in every chemist etc to find some Sylk lubricant as I've nearly run out of my current stash. I couldn't find it anywhere so decided to Google it to find out why its seemingly unavailable. 
It turns out that it isn't being shipped here anymore due to TGA requirements that it doesn't meet the all natural claims it makes.
This is such a pain (literally!) as Sylk is the only lubricant that was any good for me post BC.
Has anyone had any success with any other brands??
Tagged:

Comments

• JanineGJanineG Melbourne (west)Member Posts: 66
    My dr suggested QV cream after each shower to keep the skin moist & soft. And olive oil, lots of olive oil, as a lube. Success so far. Biggest problem is actually being bothered
  • WildflowerWildflower Member Posts: 29
    Thanks Janine!
  • ElaineGElaineG Member Posts: 50
    Hi Wildlflower - am VERY surprised - as this was one I would regularly recommend to clients (drelaine.george.com) as a clinical sexologist.
    There is replenz but this gets expensive.  Any other water based lubricant is OK - e.g. Atroglide - they don't need to be silicon.
    And it is so important to use post-menopause or with no estrogen because of vaginal atrophy - with or without any sexual intercourse!
  • WildflowerWildflower Member Posts: 29
    Hi Elaine,
    I'm surprised too and am hoping I'm wrong however rhis link I found doesn't make it sound good 
    http://www.bliss4women.com.au/sylk-no-longer-available-goodbye-great-product/

• ElaineGElaineG Member Posts: 50
    yes - it looks like it is a TGA issue - so go with any water based product :)
    funny - because in previous talks I have highly recommended to "older" women along with a vibrator!!
    but - they don't sell "mood" in a bottle!!!
  • primekprimek Broken HillMember Posts: 2,806
    I am certain thete was info posted on this site before about this but cannot find it now. Hopefully somebody will see this post soon.
    I've red that the product "yes" was good.
    https://www.yesyesyes.org/paper_moisturizing_detail/
  • NadiNadi Member Posts: 505
    Best product specifically designed for women in menopause and after chemo is PJUR med premium glide. It's made in Germany to strict health standards. I get it online from chemist warehouse. McGrath Foundation supports it. It is silicon based but feels water based. Very comforting and effective. See http://www.pjurmed.com/au/products/sexual-health-wellbeing/pjur-med-premium-glide/
  • Ann-Marie_BCNAAnn-Marie_BCNA Administrator Posts: 1,139
    I just wanted to jump in and let you know about the Lost Libido Ladies group. @DaisyMarigold @suzieq @Cook65 can you share anything about Sylk?
  • suzieqsuzieq Member Posts: 314
    As far as I am aware Sylk was available in Aust under TGA marketed as a natural product. However TGA found product not "natural" as it contained glycerin. Many of these products contain glycerin. It is not a banned substance, however it is not natural. Products must contain all natural ingredients to be marketed as such.  I  did not have personal experience using Sylk so cannot give my opinion on its effectiveness or otherwise. There are many lubricants/moisturisers on the market that do comply as "natural". Unfortunately Aust is seen as a small market so we don't get a lot of products here and so very limited in choice. Ordering overseas is very expensive. When purchasing products that contain non natural ingredients, as a general rule, should only be used every 3rd day. But the best person to give advice on a good lubricant or moisturiser for every day use is your doctor. My GP told me the best lubricants are found in sex shops. Hehehe! Hope this info helps you.
  • suzieqsuzieq Member Posts: 314
    For those interested google Yesyesyes products from England.  Expensive but I found them to be good. 
  • DeanneDeanne Sunshine Coast QldMember Posts: 1,811
    edited October 2016
    "Yes" products are now available through "Green Organics" in Australia. They send by express post (7.95 postage) and it arrives 2 days after you place your order. 
    Does the Yes product have a pleasant smell. I've tried PJUR and KY and to me they smell like rubber?
  • DeanneDeanne Sunshine Coast QldMember Posts: 1,811
    There is a water-based lubricant and an oil based one. To me neither of them smell at all. They now have a gel that is meant to be used every 3 days just to keep everything moist. It has a bit of an odour but to me it is not unpleasant.
  • mum2jjmum2jj Member Posts: 2,866
    @Deanne Did not know that about Yes. Have been ordering from the Uk and it takes quite a while. It's a great product. @DaisyMarigold yo might be interested to know this too. Thanks Deanne :)