Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Pink66

Options
Hi Ladies.
As most of you will now be aware Sharon (Pink66) has had a
major stay in hospital and has not been very well. She is now home and
stable but I thought it might be our turn to support her.
When I was
first diagnosed at the beginning of this year, Pink66's posts and blogs
helped me through some very dark days, her stories of her apartment
building and the squatters bought a smile to my face when I was very
down and dark about my new diagnosis. One thing in particular she said
to me and others was "you were never going to walk the wall of China so
don't mope now about never doing it - get on with what you can do and
enjoy every minute", this statement itself pulled me out of a day of
dark misery.
I honestly do not think I would have coped as well as
what I did nor would I have picked myself up and carried on with my Uni
studies had it not been for Sharon's upbeat attitude and sensible
suggestions on how to get on with living with Metastatic Breast cancer.
Time
I think for us to return the favour! I have been talking to Ann-Marie
from BCNA and we have decided that if those of us that want to, send
Ann-Marie a personal message via this discussion board for Pink66 and
she will collate them, print them out and place them inside a Thinking
of You card and she will deliver these to Sharon on our behalf. If those
that want to contribute could do so within the next week so that
Ann-Marie can get this organised and get it over to Sharon. (so all
messages sent by next Tuesday 1st of November.
I feel it is
important for us to support each other as much as possible with this
shitty chronic disease and anything we can do to make each other smile
has got to be of help with us living each day as we do.
cheers all
Liz

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    Lovely idea @Lizzie13.
  • ElaineG
    ElaineG Dragonfly Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi Sharon - apparently you have shown some great attitude, personality and resilience .... so now its our turn to reflect that back to you.  Remember you said you'd never walk the great wall - so put that plan aside and savour the special moments as much as you possibly can :)  Elaine
  • Ann-Marie
    Options
    Thanks @ElaineG x
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Having been homeless in my life before, I still appreciate the little things many take for granted. I have my own comfy bed now which is a big blessing. I live in a house not a shed and the roof doesn't leak; a palace compared to where I used to be. I have enough to eat and I don't have to catch it and cut it up to cook it. I have family around me and I doubt I will ever spend another Christmas alone like before. I have family to support me if I go to hospital and don't have to soldier it by myself like before. I have no ambition to walk the great wall of China in this life time but there have been times in my life when just making it under my own steam to the toilet is a blessing. Focus on the little things in life and don't sweat the big stuff or you might miss the basic blessings. <3 
  • Ann-Marie
    Options
    @Brenda5 did you want me to add this message from you for the card for pink66?
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Pink66 I hear you're doing it a little tougher than usual, fighting those critters.  Sending you positive vibes and hoping that you are on the improve.  Take care, sending you a virtual hug from Christine xx 
  • Ann-Marie
    Options
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options

@Brenda5 did you want me to add this message from you for the card for pink66?

Yes please.
  • Marci
    Marci Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Pink66 we have you in our thoughts.... Keep fighting the fight! Sending positive vibes in health and wellness! Xox 
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    Options
    @Pink66, I'm sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly and just wanted to send a hug and my best wishes. I've always loved reading your insightful posts and hope you'll soon be well enough to join us back here. Jane xx 
  • Scooper
    Scooper Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Pink66.  I am sorry to hear that you have had a stay in hospital.  I hope that you are feeling better and are home in your comfortable surroundings with your family and friends spoiling you.  I send you my very best wises, kind thoughts and love as you rest up so we can read some of your lovely posts very soon.  Sandra xxxxx
  • Ann-Marie
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I am collecting all these posts :)
  • TeddyBear
    TeddyBear Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Sharon, I heard you speak in Melbourne last year at a secondary breast cancer forum. I was diagnosed about 3 weeks before. I arrived at the forum with absolutely no hope waiting to die but after hearing your story and listening to your words of wisdom I walked out believing that I have still got a lot to live for. Everyday I am grateful for the time that I have. I live in the moment thanks to you and your inspiring speech. You are a credit to the online forum and I wish you all the best. We are all walking with you - one turtle step at a time. We can do it together! 
    Brenda XXX
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Pink66, so glad you are now out of hospital and able to be in the comfort and relaxation of your own home. Sending you good energy and best wishes. All the best Xx Cath
  • ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    Options

Hi Pink66, 
    Just a note to say we are all thinking of you! Although sometimes hospital is the best place for you to be, there's no place like home! ..✨. Sending love and light for beautiful, easy days.... Tracy xx