RECYCLE BREAST PROSTHESIS AND BRAS

Do you have a spare breast prosthesis you could donate to help a woman in Fiji ?

Breast forms, preloved. Full or partial silicone prosthesis. Soft forms also. Any size or shape needed.

Bras -Every kind of bra. Mastectomy or not. Any shape or size. Clean, preloved or new.

Bra extenders are also much appreciated.

The Fijian Women’s Breast Cancer Project is an ongoing collection of lightly worn breast prosthesis and bras from generous Australians.

Items are personally given and fitted at no cost to women that have been selected by Fijian Breast Care nurses.

Not for profit. No money exchanges hands.

Done with approval from Fijian Health Department & Fijian Cancer Society.

No close date for donations.   2014,15,16 trips in the past & trips booked for 2017

Lilyblisstoyou.com

Post to Lily DeSantis at Lily Bliss to You or a local collector

ILLAWARRA 

Lily Bliss To You PO BOX 2072  TARRAWANNA 2518

Storage King Albion Park

Cossies R Us CORRIMAL

Alchemy Health  PORT KEMBLA

Berkeley Neighbourhood Centre

Breast Care Nurse Wollongong Hospital

NOWRA

Shoalhaven/Nowra Breast Cancer Support Group

SYDNEY

St George  & Sutherland  Breast Cancer Support Groups St George & Sutherland Hospital

Kristen /Barden Ridge

Partners Instyle Hairdesigners DAPTO

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

Barossa Area Fundraisers for Cancer Inc.           Tash GREENOCK 5360

TASMANIA

Breast Cancer Network Australia Community Liason           Mandy  Trevallyn  TAS   7250

NEWCASTLE

You Really Are Beautiful  Warners Bay

QUEENSLAND

Champagne for Breakfast Lingerie  Chevron Island

Leanne P- 4165 Redlands  & surrounding Qld areas

ACT

Colleen's Lingerie

Comments

• mum2jjmum2jj Member Posts: 2,992
    Great cause, I sent all my old bra's and prosthesis after my reconstruction.  The ladies are so thankful.
    Paula :)
  • NeNe Member Posts: 340
    Thank you. I just wondered what i was going to do with all my bras.  Definitely going to post them x
  • ScorpionQueenScorpionQueen Picton NSWMember Posts: 750
    Oooh! I too was wondering what to do with mine....I never wore it so it's brand new! Will definately be passing it onto this wonderful cause!
  • KristenKristen Member Posts: 19

Just posting to say we are still collecting and sending bras and prosthesis to Fiji Cancer Society.

Check facebook Lily Bliss To You for more info.

• SoldierCrabSoldierCrab Bathurst NSW Member Posts: 1,174
    https//www.facebook.com/LilyBlissToYou/ here is the link 
    great cause and what a wonderful way to recycle and reuse our items.
  • Marianne_BCNAMarianne_BCNA Administrator Posts: 34
    HI all, this sounds like a great initiative. BCNA will look into ways to promote this great service too.
  • cranky_grannycranky_granny Penrith NSWMember Posts: 68
    Hi this is a fantastic idea. I tried so many bras to get comfortable I have 3 post surgery bras all different sizes. Plus some others that might be useful so they will be heading out in the express post 
    just an idea @Marianne_BCNA how hard would it be to have a drop off point at the various activities. 
  • SoldierCrabSoldierCrab Bathurst NSW Member Posts: 1,174
    Now @cranky_granny
     that sounds like an awesome idea to have collection point at activities etc. 

• Marianne_BCNAMarianne_BCNA Administrator Posts: 34
    @cranky_granny and @SoldierCrab, I'll ask about this in my discussions. Stay tuned :)
  • TonyaMTonyaM Member Posts: 2,472
    More drop off places in Sydney would be good.Also wondering if there is a need for this amongst disadvantaged women in our own country?
  • Summerhill38Summerhill38 Regional Vic Member Posts: 590
    Hi @TonyaM
    I agree, whilst prosthesis are subsidized sometimes women need one before the due date because of weight gain or loss so there could be ladies needing assistance.
    The cost of ''good'' bras could also be an issue for some ladies and not all are comfortable in the tank top style.
    How could these ladies be supported and provided with some of the cast-offs ?
    Summer   :)
  • KristenKristen Member Posts: 19

We are always  looking for more pop up event Fiji Bra collection opportunities such as Sutherland Shire Breast Cancer Support group did at their Mini Field of Women in October at a Fete. ( Its on their facebook page)

We also would love more drop off locations in Sydney - we  just need  to spread the word to find more  kind hearted people with a public space- such as we have someone who works in  the chemist in Nowra or people with a covered front porch where drops off can happen like in Barden Ridge. And they need a little storage space to hold items until they can be transported to Fairy Meadow. We are just a small bunch of ladies- no big network.But the further afield we can collect the easier it is for people to donate.

Check out our first Hospital comfort care pack Packing day we had on Monday.

https://www.facebook.com/LilyBlissToYou/

Regarding women in Australia- project Uplift  might do that. Mostly overseas I think.They do also collect mastectomy products. They only have one or two specific collection points which are  on their website.

Support The Girls is a very reputable Australian charity, I know the director well as we have crossed paths due to our common interest. They  collect good quality bras  for disadvantaged Australian women. I am not sure how often they need mastectomy bras or if they keep stock of that type of donations.

Kristen

Project Fiji volunteer