Pre-cancerous changes

2»

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,530
    Morning Deanne - just wanted to come on and say I hope all the positivity that is being sent your way is helping you to focus on yourself and your everyday routine.  The medical side of where you are at is in good hands and being taken care of.  I agree with your thought process until you know more there is no point putting your family into a worry state, it only saps everyone of energy.  Enjoy the fresh air and sunshine and sending you a virtual hug.  Take care from Christine xx

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    So true, Christine. Yesterday was an awful day here, very windy and cloudy. My mood seemed to match the weather! I hope it was better where you are for your birthday! Today is a new (and beautiful) day and I have thought things through and am feeling calm again. From what I know even if the biopsy shows precancerous cells, the treatment is minor at this point. Probably no need for anyone other than my husband and I to ever know about it.

It really helped to just write it down and then reassure myself that compared to what I have been through this is nothing to worry about at all. I am just glad that I went for a check up and this was spotted as otherwise I would never have known anything was different. It should all be over and done with in a few weeks. No more wasted energy on worrying!

Thank-you to everyone who showed such understanding of my feelings and who shared their positive outcomes of similar situations. Once again I know that support is just a message away on here  :) xxx
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    Hi Deanne,
    I hope your tests went well and you only needed minor treatment.
      Have a great holiday break with your husband and just enjoy yourselves every minute!  xx  Michelle
  • Deanne
    Thank-you Michelle. Biopsy results next Tuesday. Fingers crossed. It will be good to just know, even if I do have to have some treatment. It is the waiting and the unknown that is the hard bit. I am really confident in my doctor, so that is reassuring. 
    We will be sure to enjoy our break.  :)
  • iserbrown
    Waiting is nearly as bad as worrying! 
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Once you get results you can start processing it all sending you a hug and hope all is good
  • Robynw
    Robynw Member Posts: 19
    Hi Deanne,there is always something isn't there? Don't forget how strong we are now Deanne!!Our fear of cancer will always be close to the surface after what we have been through.Do you remember a few years back,there was a lady on the blog who lived just outside of Melbourne,and she had a lovely garden? I can't remember her name...anyway I recall her story of Christmas shopping.She had finished treatment,and was shopping on a hot day.She bought a bottle of water,and she couldn't undo the lid.She said that she burst into tears right in the middle of the shop where she was.Your story is just like that Deanne.We think we are OK,but it is just there,under the surface!!Try not to worry Deanne.Thinking of you.Cheers Robyn. xox
  • Deanne
    So lovely to hear from you Robyn. Her name was Janey I think. There you go, at least our memories are working!  :) 

We are strong and I know that I will be ok, whatever the results are. It is just this annoying part of waiting that is THE most difficult part. Once I know what, if any, treatment is required then I can get on with it again.

Going for an extra long walk this morning to charge up my "batteries" They just don't hold "charge" very well in this uncertain atmosphere!
    Thanks, so much, for your message. xxx
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Glad to hear it, Deanne :smile:
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    fantastic news have a great time away
  • iserbrown
    Woo hoo the good news is here!
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Congratulations!!! That is fantastic.
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,190
    That's great news Deanne - very happy for you! Now you can get on and enjoy your holiday xx