Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Secondary Breast Cancer Day.

Options
Next Thursday, October 13, is Secondary Breast Cancer Day, To mark the day, Breacan is holding a morning tea, followed by a music therapy session. All welcome to either or both events. Details and registration on their website - breacan.org.au

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

@pamelamary I had shared a post into the Living with metastatic breast cancer group about this event, so thank you for sharing it here as well :) Here is some more information.

Date: Thursday, 13/10/2016
    Time: 10.15AM - 11.30AM

More Information 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Hi, might be worth specifyinf that this is a Melbourne event
  • Ann-Marie
    Options
    @Irb_03 thank you for that :)  Breacan is located in Melbourne. They are a wonderful organisation that do offer many face to face events in Melbourne as well as webinars for people located around Australia to be involved in. 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    I guess I'm just a bit frustrated at the moment that nithing seemsto come to Canberra! Thanks for responding,  @Ann-Marie_BCNA. Regards, Lyn
  • Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Is Living with Metastatic breast cancer a separate group? If so, a bit confusing.....
  • Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    Options
    Hi there @Pamelamary, you are right, it is a separate group.

When we create a discussion in the network, it falls into a category. This just helps the network information to be a little bit more organized and to make it easier to find what your looking for.

Groups differ from categories in that, for example the Living with Metastatic cancer group has facilitators and is private from the main network. If you did want to join, you can find the group here: http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/2-living-with-metastatic-breast-cancer

• Ann-Marie
    Options
    @Pamelamary I can understand your confusion. As @Jess_BCNA has mentioned above we now have a seperate category for these discussions so they are easier to find (this was not possible before). As for the group, it was already established on the old platform with lots of conversations. We have bought it across so those coversations can continue.
  • Southgirl
    Southgirl Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi there. I have just been diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer (11 years after Early Breast Cancer treatment). I applied to join the Metastatic Breast Cancer group a few days ago but haven't heard anything?
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options
    Hey @Jude M, you're a member of the group. There hasn't been much activity in there lately, but feel free to start a discussion. I'm sure the other members will jump in.
  • Southgirl
    Southgirl Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Thanks Cosette. I must be doing something wrong - I click on Groups, then click on Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer, but then can't seem to get past that page to any discussions. I'll persevere!!
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options
    Let's troubleshoot! I'll send you a private message @Jude M