FALLING APART

Options
Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
Like fighting for my life isn't enough to deal with in ones life, Australia Post loses original identity documents on their way to the UK Passport Office. Its enough to make a person throw their hands into the air & say thats it, i give up.. 

Comments

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    Options
    Seriously?!! What an absolute pain in the bum. Hopefully they find them for you soon. Hugs, Jane xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Oh bugger.  What happens now?
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    Bugger, That was my biggest fear when I applied for mine. It all goes registered post so surely there is some follow up, otherwise they should be responsible for cost of replacing. Such a hassle though. Hugs 
    Paula xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Cate, my sister had the same sort of thing happen when she was sending copies of ID papers to get a copy of her birth certificate for her passport application. She was advised she had to resubmit all paperwork but then by the time she got new copies they had tracked the missing paperwork down and all was good (so long as you don't count her frustration and wasted time getting new certified copies!!!)
  • Cate64
    Options
    Hi socoda, with the UK Passports if you dont submit the documents in time you have to reapply & repay. Though I must say they have been more helpful than Australia Post. I have already started the process of obtaining a new birth certificate from the UK. How long did it take AP to locate her missing documents?? I cant believe I paid all that money to avoid this exact thing & have it fully traceable & they cant find them. It worries me no end who has them & what they are doing with them & if we are suddenly going to have debt collectors banging our door down because of identify fraud.
  • Cate64
    Options
    Hi mum2jj, my documents were sent via International Express Post supposedly fully trackable & no they dont have to pay for replacements. Its a joke & so completely stressing. I dont understand why it is so hard for them to find them, they have a barcode, they were assigned to a bag & there is a manifest for that bag yet AP cant tell me anything, each person I ask about the process of things tells me 'im not sure thats another department'............
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Yep some times are like you are pushing up hill for every centimetre but you know what? So far in this life you have a score of 100% in getting through the tough times. Keep on keeping on.
  • mum2jj
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Cate64. I had a parcel that I had a ticket placed in my PO Box at the PO go missing. They eventually found it, it had been put in the wrong box. So frustrating for you. Hopefully they will turn up. 
    Hugs 
    paula xx
  • socoda
    Options
    Cate it took AP 1 1/2 weeks to locate my sisters documents and all the time she was also worried about identity fraud, -crossing fingers yours turn up in some body's IN tray!!! Have you lodged a complaint with AP? If that doesn't get them moving tell them you'll escalate your complaint to the Postal Industry Ombudsman. Can't believe they just fob people off like that :#
  • Cate64
    Options
    they found them they found them..... I received an email overnight saying they had landed in the UK, I then checked parcel forces in the UK's tracking & they have scanned them into their system. Dear Lord, that was soooooooooo stressful, 3 weeks ago today I posted them via International Express - paid the earth for it & to have them there in 4 days.. I should say better late than never & thanks AP but the amount of stress it caused I just can't make myself do it!!

Thanks for the support girls....
  • socoda
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyy!!! That's fantastic news Cate. Bet you sleep well tonight  :) 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    wonderful news Cate64!!  Definitely stress you could have done without at this time but now one less thing to think about.
    Jane x
  • mum2jj
    Options
    Brilliant :)