SUPPORT GROUPS WESTERN SUBURBS OF BRISBANE.......

Sam09
Sam09 Member Posts: 149
edited September 2016 in Community news and events
Hi Everyone,
                      Just wondering if anyone knows of a support group in the western suburbs of Brisbane at all?  If not does anyone want to join me in starting one. There is a shortage of groups everywhere and I think for us newly diagnosed women that it is important for us to be able to join other women in the same boat or survivors that we can talk about things our families simply do not understand. Perhaps a group we go out for lunch or do something fun once a month. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Alpal
    Alpal Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2016
    Hi Sam. I'm not sure if this is your area or not (I'm in NSW) but there is a Brisbane Support Lunch coming up on Sunday, 16th October.  The details can be found on here in the "Community news and events" section and you can also go to 
    www.reclaimyourcurves.org.au/brisbane.html.
    There will be a physio speaking about physical well being during/after breast cancer treatment and the lunches are always a great place to connect with others who understand just what you're going through.

I hope that may help.
    Alison xx
  • Piak
    Piak Member Posts: 26

Hi Sam

Yes we have a group of ladies in Brisbane. We meet once a month for lunch, it's lovely group to catch up and talk about all sort of things.  If you are interested please contact Trish. the organizer-alftrish@****.au

Cheers

Piak

• Sam09
    Sam09 Member Posts: 149
    Hi thank you for the replies. Piak where is the group located 
  • Piak
    Piak Member Posts: 26

Hi Sam

We have no location, Trish who kindly agrees to organize a monthly get together will email the group to confirm the date and the place.  Different eating place in the south or the north is chosen each time because our members are from both sides of Brisbane so if you are interested to join us for October lunch please contact Trish via her email (as above).

Cheers

Piak