October: Happy Everything Awareness Month

Options
InkPetal
InkPetal Member Posts: 499
Mental Health Awareness Month in Australia has been assigned by some genius at WayAhead to, you guessed it, October.
Only a matter of time before it's moved under the Dept. health organisers official list. :tired_face: Why. September has World Suicide Prevention day and RUOkay day so people would still be thinking about it year-round. May was a really good time for it.

As well as October being the official National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, want to know what else it already is? :joy: Someone tell organizers that there are other months in the year? I can only sit at so many campaign benches.

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Yes I agree - and it is also Happy Birthday for some of us!
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Its Happy birthday month for me too!  All the great things happen in October (except Christmas and the easter bunny) :)
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Inkpetal maybe it's so you have a mega busy month and then have the next 11 to recover ;)
    Christine and Mira what are your birth day dates so we can wish you both many happy returns??
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    the 9th for me
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Excellent!!!!    Pampering is always good!!!
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options
    I just saw a Facebook post saying October is also miscarriage and still birth awareness month. Something I also hold close to my heart. A busy month indeed. Sorry for the bold but don't know how to get rid of it. Ignore that, worked it out

paula :)