Blackmores Sydney Run Festival

Options
Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
edited November 2016 in Community news and events
Congratulations to all our members that took part in the Blackmores Sydney Run Festival over the weekend. A special shout out to the BCNA volunteers (Margo, Bev, Marissa and Karen) who were there helping out on the day. The atmosphere was just amazing!

Tagged:

Comments

• JulieP
    JulieP Member Posts: 10
    Options
    It was great being there. I managed the 9km bridge run. I've had 6 operations since May and didn't think I would make it up there from Melb. Hubby & I arranged to run half marathon early this year together with it being his first half marathon. At the start area I was by myself being a different start time from his & I just couldn't stop the flow of tears. I think it was gratitude that I was there & well enough to run and a realisation if just what I'd been through. It hits you at the oddest times. 
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    Congratulations @JulieP that is a fantastic effort - WOW! To have gone through so much and then to get yourself up to Sydney, I can only imagine how you must of felt. I bet your husband was so proud
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Julie, that's an effort and a half!! Good on you. I don't know how you've found the time to do the run let alone any training!!! You should be incredibly proud of yourself. Xx Cath