Quest for life foundation retreat

just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these retreats. Focus is on meditation counselling meditation etc and run bully Petrea King? Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    hi Jodie123, I have not been to Petrea King retreats but my oncology massage therapist did training there and Highly recommends the retreats. I am just not in a financial situation to go to the retreats. I use Petrea King Cd for Sleep and it is amazing.  Hope this helps
  • Jodie123
    Jodie123 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Soldier Crab. Thanks for your input. Unfortunately neither am I, however they do offer subsidys which help reduce the price considerably, which makes it a bit more affordable.  Just feel that I need to get myself in a better frame of mind for myself and my family.  I am glad you have found her sleep cd helpful. She seems like an amazing person Will definately give it a go. Hope all is going well with your recovery.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    hi Jodie123,  Do you know about the Otis foundation retreats ? they are free  www.otisfoundation.org.au you can go with friends family etc.... I have had 2 since my diagnosis. do you have a breast care nurse or support group? it is hard I now see a psychologist under medicare (if your are based in NSW  they are called enhanced primary care form) I am doing well today I had my 4 year Oncology review and he doesn't want to see me for another year woo hoo.... Yes we need to do what we can to be in a good mental health place as BC is a real stressor... take care  hugs Soldier Crab
  • Jodie123
    Jodie123 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Soldier crab I have heard about them but imagine that there would be a bit of a wait. Not sure whether they offer strategies or whether it is just for break. The quest is at a cost but offer counselling,strategies, yoga meditation etc.  feel like it is the best way for me to get my head together. . Haven't really had a lot to do with the breast care nurse. Everything took place over the space of 4 weeks and she was away sick for two and didn't work Monday's. So glad that you got the all clear today. You must be an amazingly strong person and wish you all the best for your future recovery. xx