Not good news

Options
2»

Comments

• Christina 55
    Christina 55 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Hello everyone,   Thanks for your kind wishes and thoughts and suggestions.   My Reflux problem settled, along with the nausea.  However, at the end of the 2nd week, I started to feel OK  but then got a few ulcers on my tongue and my gums and teeth were so sore - OK now.    Runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes started this week and I know it not a cold.  Hope this doesn't effect my 2nd chemo on Monday 26th Sept.    Christina xx
  • Christina 55
    Christina 55 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi again.   Forgot to tell you I have bum fluff on my head... LOL...  xx
  • Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi Christina. I feel for you. Chemo was definitely not a walk in the park for me. Just wanted to give you a heads up about reflux with radiation therapy. Definitely mention this to your radiation oncologist. There is a chance during radiation that your reflux may flare up again if some of your oesophogus gets hit by the beams. I  had reflux way back in the past and never mentioned it to my oncologist because I had forgotten about it. However after radiation I ended up in hospital with severe pain and not being able to eat or drink properly for 6 weeks following due to severe reflux. I had to have an endoscopy and was on morphine due to the inflammation.  If my oncologist had have known about how severe I had reflux in the past she would have done treatment a little differently. In the end I lost a lot of weight because of it - 10 kgs in 6 weeks and was so tired and sick - much worse than the chemo.  I really hope this doesn't happen to you.  So my recommendation is to be proactive about your reflux management. Wishing you all the best and praying that your margins are clear.

Hugs, Nadine
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Don't be surprised if you end up with some bleeding with those nose drops. I had constant watery eyes and nose. Even now 5 weeks on my nose still runs but not longer bleeds. You eoikd have to be extremely ill for them to not give chemo.