Welcome! Questions? Feedback? Post here!

Options
Cosette
Cosette Member Posts: 637
Hi everyone! Welcome to the new online network. We hope you like it. Feel free to look around and click on things; you won't break anything ;)

If you have any questions, please post them below. We'll be tweaking things over the next few weeks and noting possible improvements so if you've got any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to share those here as well.

If you'd prefer to speak privately, you can send me or @Ann-Marie_BCNA a private message, email us at bcnaonline@bcna.org.au, or call us at 1800 500 258.

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    Hi Cosette,
    Well done BCNA! I have had a quick look around and haven't got lost yet! Everything is clear, easy to read and quick to navigate to!! I think this will be so much easier to use. Congratulations on a change that is definitely a change for the better.  :)
  • Chorsell
    Chorsell Member Posts: 464
    Options
    Can we change the sort order in our inbox - all the emails I had deleted on the old site have come back - how can we delete?

Also one of my posts has not converted and it was my photo story can we get it back?
  • Chorsell
    Options
    Is there any way to tell from the discussion which group it is in or do you need to go into each group to see the discussion in that group?  when you are posting how do you post to a specific group?

regards 

chris
  • Chorsell
    Options
    In the advanced search options does author = user?

doing advanced search this way does not seem to hold the author name.

also if we are searching for specific words can we use " " to get an exact match to a specific string rather than any occurrence of one of the words in the text?

can we search specifically from within a group rather than the whole network?
  • Chorsell
    Options
    How do I add a tag to a post? Is it optional? Can we select from a drop down list of the pre defined tags?
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options
    Just @ the username. @Chorsell <3 

Oh how cool! A drop down menu of usernames even comes up.
  • InkPetal
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hello Cosette, 

I'm loving the new look, The great pink-shedding of '16, haha! I really hope everyone gets into the "Activity" feeds, that is so fun. Now members can say things like "About to go in to surgery, need some love" and not have to post a discussion about it. Sold. Also loving that we can set anything we like as our "location" ;)  

The only thing I've struggled with so far is finding Groups I'm a part of. They're not in my profile and there doesn't appear to be a "My Groups". Is there a link I'm just not finding? Thank you (or anyone who helps out) in advance. xo

• InkPetal
    Options

You're right Rebecca. The style of quotes is absolutely massive and it does feel kind of agressive. I will definitely pass that along. :D
  • Alpal
    Alpal Member Posts: 196
    Options
    Loving the new look and it's so quick. Thank you team for your hard work on this.

Questions- how do I delete messages? All the old ones have reappeared. Only action I can find so far is to make a new message.
    - how can I find photo stories in my groups?

Thanks again.
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @InkPetal Great to see you are really enjoying the new online network. In regards to your question about groups, we now only have 3. When you click "Groups" at the top of the screen it will show you what is available. If you were part of a group it would look like this -   

As the online network grows, if we have interest for a particular group and we have members wanting to lead the group, we will definitely look at that. Let me know if this answers your question :smile:
  • Ann-Marie
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Alpal @chorsell to delete a message. Go to messages, open the message you want to delete. You will see "Leave Conversation", click on that and the message will be deleted.

• angiesg
    angiesg Member Posts: 82
    Options

the new site is so much easier to navigate around and reply to posts.

One suggestion - on the discussions page, where you see all the posts, can we add who started the post and ALSO who last updated it?  I noticed at the moment it shows who started it until someone replies and then continues to show who has been updating it . would be good to see the first originator of the post at a quick glance.

• Ann-Marie
    Options
    @angiesg thank you for that feedback, we have this noted :smile:
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    A post I read yestetdsy  and commented on seems to have dissappeared. It was originally posted twice. It was called Tissue Expanders I believe. I checked the reconstruction group but it hasn't  been moved there. Thanks. Kath

• angiesg
    angiesg Member Posts: 82
    Options

another feedback item

when you go into a post on the right hand side you can see 2 dates but its not clear what these are? is one the date it was created and the other the date it was last edited? This may need to be a bit clearer