Looking for a Brisbane South Support Group

Options
DMcK
DMcK Member Posts: 6
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hi just wanting to meet with people or a group on the Southside of Brisbane. Thankyou

kind regards

Debra

Tagged:

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Debra,

We have an two online support groups South East QLD as well as a Brisbane & Gold Coast group, you may like to join and connect with members in your area.

Ann-Marie

• Andij
    Andij Member Posts: 115
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Debra

There is a lovely group of ladies that meet for lunch once a month. The next lunch is going to be at mt gravatt, place is as yet undecided. It is on July 8:) You would be more than welcome :) 

• Tamara_Fenwick
    Tamara_Fenwick Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi there ladies,

I am also looking for a good support group in Brisbane for a patient at my clinic.  Any suggestions of an easy way for her to get on board for a catch up if she is not yet a member of BCNA?

Warm regards,

Tamara.. :-)

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Tamara,

Your patient only needs to be a member to participate in the Online Network. Cancer Council will have face to face support groups and the members of the groups mentioned above may also be able to help out with face to face groups. 

Ann-Marie

• Tamara_Fenwick
    Tamara_Fenwick Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    Options

Lovely, thank you Ann-Marie!.. I have attempted to set her up with an account, although she is not too tech savvy.. She may find it easier to call the Cancer Council, so I've left it with her for now to do what she feels comfortable with.. But it is wonderful to see that these forms of support are out there and available for patients!  Thank you so much for your help..

Warm regards,

Tamara.. :-)