Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Making a Choice

Karel01
Karel01 Member Posts: 26
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

I posted on 2nd August about my metastatic cancer. I was trying to decide whether  to have more chemo. It was wonderful how replies from our members made me more positive and helped me think things through.

I went to the oncologists positive I wouldn't do invasive treatment. My doctor was wonderful and told me it was my choice. We then went through options. After a while she suggested caelyx, a chemo that will assist with my bones. 

So on 17th August I start on monthly IV. I am very comfortable.with that and so is my husband.

So next battle, but with a more positive attitude. Thank you so much to those who replied and gave me strength to really think about options.

Warm thoughts and well wishes to everyone of you.

cheers

Karel ????

Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited August 2016

Pleased to hear! I  along with others will have you in my thoughts 

Take care and sending you a virtual hug

Christine xx ?

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited August 2016

Hi Karel, I'm so pleased that you have been able to come to a decision that you are comfortable with. 

This site is amazing!  Take care. Karen xox

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited August 2016

So happy you have been able to decide on a course of treatment that you feel comfortable with. Take care and hope this goes well.  Kath x

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited August 2016

Sounds a bit like my dad who was having treatment but it didn't halt the progression. Drs opted for a full on chemo every 3 weeks which is rough on a 76yr old but it may well halt the cancer progression and buy him a few more years, or several which is what I am hoping for. He did have a bit of trouble with some pills he had to take making him virtual zombie every day. His visiting nurse asked the Drs about quality of life. The Drs came back with, how about taking the pills at night only? Its worked, he is much better during the day now, apart from when its just past a chemo dose. Sometimes little things can make a big difference.

• jd48
    jd48 Member Posts: 484
    edited August 2016

I am so glad you were able to choose treatment that you feel confident in while you still get to have those quality times with grandbabies.

Definitely will keep you in my thoughts

Hugs ??????????

Jel

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    edited August 2016

Yayyyyyy Karel!!!! That is so fantastic that you have been able to make an informed decision that you are happy with :-) . Crossing fingers that this new treatment regime has the desired results. Will be thinking of you and wishing you well. Xx Cath