Piano

Options
PETA WILLIAMS
PETA WILLIAMS Member Posts: 104
edited May 2016 in Day to day

Hi all. I have started piano / It adds to the pain but is great meditation and has improved strength. I used to do it years ago and go once a week for lessons. What I have experienced is peoples total intolerance of my BC and impatience. People fall into two groups empathetic and recid and mean. Piano calms me along with my painting. it also has given me more movement and strength, but no less pain. it will hurt and get me up at 4am no matter if I am doing nothing or have worked out it doesn't make a difference. What at lease has changed is the fact I have cut sugar out completely and of course no alcohol I have lost 6 kgs and so has my husband and our blood sugar reading has stabilised .Twenty -ish kgs to go Everyone have a good day Peta

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited May 2016
    Options

hi Peta

good on you for choosing some constructive ways to work through this. I am impressed that you are cutting out sugar and alcohol. that is a big change keep going and reach for your goals.  I have began listening to my old time gospel music that I like as I find it helps me mediate and relax. I have also been on the encore program and now exercise with some ladies in the water once per week.  It doesn't get rid of the pain but it helps me feel connected. I like the thought of playing the piano.  Take care and remember to smell the roses.

Soldier Crab

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited May 2016
    Options

I bought a full octave grand digital years ago and left it up here at my beach house to play when I moved in. With this cancer thing 6mths after I moved the piano still hasn't been played. I used to love listening to piano but my hearts just not into it now. What does make my heart sing is afternoon walks on the beach. If I had wings I would fly during my walks, I just get that happy.

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited May 2016
    Options

Good for you Peta! Anything that helps calm our minds is great! If you can calm your mind enough the pain is not so prevelant...

I too quit sugar, but about a month before I was diagnosed for no reason...this shocked everyone including me as I was a chocoholic and a four to five sugar in coffee kinda girl! I now believe it was my body telling me something was wrong as I went of a lot of foods I normally love...mainly Bolognese sauce!

But I see it as a good thing! and along with not being able to eat from wretched chemo side effects I've lost 8kgs...I now can leave dessert altogether, although I do eat it, I don't CRAVE sweet anymore....

Glad your sugar levels have stabilised.....wishing you all the best

tracy xx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited May 2016
    Options

Good girl, keep it up, you're doing well. You're perfectly correct that BC sorts out the people around you, however it does clarify who is worth your time and energy. Sending you a big cuddle, Trace ??????????

• jacquipp
    jacquipp Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2016
    Options

Peta playing the piano sounds like a wonderful idea. I gave my piano away about 5 years ago and really miss it. I've been thinking of trying to get an electronic one to play. It is very meditative and relaxing. We all need some of that as we are struggling through this.

I totally understand what you mean about this sorting out how your friends really are and who can cope with what you are going through. I think  a lot of people are scared and just don't know what to say or how to act. Silly really. Just some friendly support would be nice.

Fantastic on cutting out the sugar. I must say as an complete chocoholic I am barely touching it these days. Just don't have the cravings. Our bodies know best if we listen to them. 

Keep well, rest and play when you can. Sending lots of hugs

Jacqui

• PETA WILLIAMS
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hugs to you Dolly Peta xxxx

• PETA WILLIAMS
    edited May 2016
    Options

May be you were a butterfly in a past life, enjoy the beach hugs Peta

• PETA WILLIAMS
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hard trot for you its funny when you lok back and things you feel you wondered at time why and after it makes sense. hugs Peta xxxx

• PETA WILLIAMS
    edited May 2016
    Options

You are a cutie thanks Peta xxx

• PETA WILLIAMS
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hugs to you thanks Peta xxxx