'I'm fine'

Leila34
Leila34 Member Posts: 71
edited September 2016 in Health and wellbeing

saw this on a FB support group page, can totally relate...

Comments

• Jurry
    Jurry Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2016

Can totally relate to this, more so now with everything that is happening since finishing treatment than at diagnosis

jodie ??

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2016

Yes I have found after finiishing active treatment and several surgeries every body thinks I'm well. I have days when I struggle with terrible joint pain from arimidex and my patience for some people a work is causing me some grief. Today is a new day and only 5 days to work until leave , can't wait.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    edited August 2016

Rowdy -  this week just overlook those that you are struggling with at work; count to ten, smile inwardly, think of us, a funny movie, I saw Ad Fab at the weekend and the Rebel Wilson character calls herself the DNB (Do Nothing Bitch)!  Whatever it takes as you don't want to jeopardise your working relationships as they don't have empathy like we have!  And they think you should be fine, ha! ha! if it was that simple!!

Leading into holidays is usually flat chat and subject to pressure so be extra careful.  Last thing you want is to upset others around you. Patience is difficult when you're in a private world of pain. 

Take care and enjoy your holiday

Christine xx

• Kari_2015
    Kari_2015 Member Posts: 107
    edited August 2016

Hi All

This is perfect.  Think I will post it on my FB page to give everyone an indication of just how I feel.  Seems to be a common theme that once our "Treatment" (ie chemo/radiation) is finished everyone wants to assume we are now fine and in "remission" regardless of all the wonderful side effects that just keep on coming.