I am woman hear me roar

Options
Aussie Oi
Aussie Oi Member Posts: 6
edited September 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Had my surgery Wed 27/07/16 to remove Leftie-lou and with it - cancer.

I've cried many tears - tears for the pain, tears for the 'why me?', tears of self pity, tears for my now missing Leftie-lou, tears for the 'what will people think of me now' thoughts. And I still cry those tears, although not as often and not for as long. I know that only time will ease these feelings, that everyone grieves and heals and accepts only in their own time, at their own pace, in their own way. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and get so angry at myself for allowing this to happen to me (stupid really as I didn't choose for this to happen) and other times I look at myself and realise just how strong a person I am.

My pain will ease with time. I am stronger than I think.

I am woman, hear me ROAR ??????

Tagged:

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited July 2016
    Options

I can hear you roar from here. The strength comes from somewhere deep in side of you, yes it is tough and yes it is unfair but bc has come in to our lives and changed our lives for ever. Sending you a hug and a speedy recovery xx

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited July 2016
    Options

We hear you load and clear!

Crying cleanses the soul.......

You ARE strong....you ARE beautiful...

and we are here for you....

Wishing you easy recovery and beautiful days

Xx

Tracy

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi!  It is hard to describe our dilemma to anyone who has not experienced a diagnosis and told the best option is to lose, as you say, Leftie lou!  Yes I lost the left!

In reflection of where you are now at it easily becomes a case of but, why, what, how did this happen?  After some contemplation during this reflection the reality soon hits that wow I had this BC in me and they found it and now it's gone! 

The road ahead will have lots of twists and turns; everyone on here is testament to that but hey we are here to help you get through it!  And more importantly you are stronger than you ever!

Wishing a non bumpy road of recovery and treatment and sending you a virtual hug

Christine xx

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited August 2016
    Options

We have all been there, my fave was crying in the ensuite and talking to me in the mirror, you have every right to feel sad as bc takes away us, but you know what you come out different. You will be amazed how you get through things and you will be a new and approved you. I'm 4 years down the track and I love me, not the aches and pains but I love my new attitude.  Adean

• Bluewren
    Bluewren Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2016
    Options

Yah. surgery over.I can hear you roar too.. Yes you are strong. Wishing you a speedy recovery . Just when I thought I was strong the tears come at ridiculous times. It is good to cry. At least we are letting out our emotions. Doesn't do good to keep it all inside. Sending lots of hugs your way. X

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Aussie, Congratulations on having had your surgery!!! YAYYYYYYY!!! I have always had an answer when someone asks me how I am that I tell them that I am Sensational!!! Apart from being good for a laugh I find that if I say it often enough I feel sensational ;-) . It's so good that you do realise just how incredibly strong you are and your roar is fantastic!! I know it's easy to say but try and not worry about what people will think of you now  - or if you do remind yourself that they too will see you as being a pillar of wonderful strength!!! And keep up the roaring :-)  All the best Xx Cath