Blog posts

Robyn W
Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
edited June 2016 in General discussion

In two weeks,the third featured post will have been there for 5 MONTHS!!! Seriously,it is time for it to be removed I think!!! Cheers ladies:)

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited June 2016

Hi Robyn,

I think this particular post has a lot of info about how to try and use the network and also has a lot of comments about what members think should be fixed or added as a priority. I would think that this could be very useful to new members trying to work out how to navigate this site.

As we know there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed and this gives even 'oldies' like us an idea of what is being done and an opportunity to give our feedback too. Some people also still use this post to ask for help with things.

I just wish there was an easier way to do it so we could all get the most out of this site again! But obviously it's not that simple.

Maybe it would be better if the info in this post and comments could be transformed into a 'User guide' or something similar and a prominent link put in place on the opening page of the blog?

Then the blog could be focused on helping each other with bc issues, which is what it was started for and has done so well for so many people.

Deanne xxx

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    edited June 2016

Hi Robyn,

I'd agree with Deanne, I think the blog you mentioned has remained to try and help new people navigate the forum and has also acted as a bit of a feedback system where there have been some very useful and constructive comments made.

I also agree with Deanne's suggestion that the information about navigating the system could be developed into a prominent link on the front page to help new users and try and answer some of those frequently asked questions so that the forum is focussed on supporting members. Cheers, Jane xx

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    edited June 2016

I have to agree with the girls. I think this is a really helpful post espescially for new members so I kind of get why it has remained. However a link to a user guide right at the top of the first postng page is a great idea. I am not sure how easy that would be to achieve (being a little IT challenged at times myself) and maybe that's why the post has been left. I do know as a new user it can be hard to find your way around. It's nice it's nice to see you here Robyn, I am sure your support has been missed. 

Paula x

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited June 2016

I agree with you Deanne,in that it is there for new ladies to help them find their way around the blog,but it has done its job I feel.A user guide at the top is a much better idea,because as you said,this blog is for people with ,or had,breast cancer.Cheers Robyn. xox

This discussion has been closed.