Well she is not done yet!!

Options
Scared Mum
Scared Mum Member Posts: 169
edited September 2016 in Day to day

Well today was full of emotions we had to see Nat's medical oncologist which we thought was for the last time as chemo is done and dusted and we thought it was the last time we would see him, well that was not to be. New research has told them even if there is a 1 on the her 2 score young women need to be treated with Zoladex and Exemestane ( Aromasin) Im still researching this but she needs it  for 2 to 5 years to help stop it coming back, stats for very young women with triple neg not having recurrence in the first 5 yrs are not good at all... so I have always been stressed about that, but also stressed that there was nothing to do after chemo and radiation other than to cross your fingers, so slightly glad they are stopping her hormones and putting her on tablets as well. if she finds a partner and decides to have a baby they will stop her treatments till she has the baby and then will start again.

Yep I cried not sure why? just relieved I think that she hasn't been dumped in the to hard basket. Nat is NOT happy about the injections (they hurt like hell) but it was her decision (mum sitting in the corner quietly smiling and thinking YAH!!!!!) I know the first 6 months will not be good with side effects but hey after chemo and radio therapy this will be a walk in the park (Praying I hope lol ). Oct will be full on as she has to have all the scans again and a mammogram. she knows what to expect as she came with me and watched (and I was very brave lol )

Just another hurdle in the breast cancer saga that she will fly over..... 

Cheers Sue xxx

Tagged:

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Sue yes you think after everything what next. It does seem to be that bc just keeps giving. Side effects of any drug can vary from one person to another. I'm on arimidex and it used to be 5 years but they just changed it to 7-10 years a tablet a day with all its side effects is better for me than having bc. Good to hear Nat is travelling well at the momentxxx

• jd48
    jd48 Member Posts: 484
    edited July 2016
    Options

It is great things are progressing and even better they are really activelly managing her case. It will give her the best possible outcome...

Yes things may hurt but surely compared of what is now behind you both that bit will be a walk in the park of sorts.

All the best for the both of you and I hope you too manage to get some rest and regain some energy

????????????

Jel.

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited July 2016
    Options

Oh yhe poor girl...just another thing to cope with...menopsuse dymptons eill come I guess. But fingers crossed ut will do its job. Hope she is recovering well and getting some energy back. Must be nice to be having less appointments to attend. Kath x

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hope you can decipher the typos.

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited July 2016
    Options

We must do what we have to.....to keep this bitch from returning.....it's a long and sometimes painful (I myself am soooooo tired of the pain!) road we travel....but the destination is the same...to be cancer free! If it takes 5 or even 20 years, it doesn't matter really....all we can do is keep going...pushing through.....not give up!

Great you get to cry happy tears, as I'm sure you have cried your fair share of sad ones....Wash away that anxiety.....regroup and tackle this new phase of Nat's treatment......it sound like she's in great hands medically AND at home.

Love to both of you.....stay strong|breathe|believe

Tracy

xx

• Scared Mum
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you :) she is travelling well at the moment and that is what I told her :) side effects care shmare bc is worse and she agrees  will do as the doc the says Yah!!!

• Scared Mum
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thaks Jel,

I'm happy they are still managing her case aahhhh!!! she will suck it up as she says :) 

Now she dosent need me full time I can get to work and get some money in this house yah!!!

Cheers Sue xx

• Scared Mum
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Kath,I 

think she is sick of the menopause symptoms more than anything else, I told her we can do it together hahaha waxing our chins together could be fun hahahaha yep you can imagine the response I got lol 

less appointments is great i can look for work now Yah

Cheers Sue xxx

• jd48
    jd48 Member Posts: 484
    edited July 2016
    Options

Sue you need somw rest first... remember you are nongood to anyone crashing.... please give yourself at least few days away from home to recharge the batteries - then back to 'superwoman' mode ????????

Jel.

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Sue,

Aren't we all so lucky that all of this research is being done that gives new insights into treatment results. Excellent that Nat has this option. As for yourself,  superwoman, did you book your getaway through the Otis Foundation? Sounds like a perfect time for it before you start your job hunting so you can recharge your own batteries!! All the best to both of you Xx Cath