PROUD

Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
edited September 2016 in Health and wellbeing

So... today, 16 weeks after my last Chemo I participated in Run Melbourne. 

38 mins 36 secs.... 5km, up hill, down hill, ran the entire way, had my parkrun cheer squad waiting with high fives at the finish line, came 67th in age category... so VERY PROUD of myself....

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited July 2016

Congratulations 

• Janet Plummer
    Janet Plummer Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2016

Well done Cate! That is a fantastic effort to be running in such an event so soon after chemo.

I ran today too - 10km in 65 minutes - but it's been nearly 4 years since I finished chemo. Can't imagine that I would have been able to do any running after 16 weeks.  I was still walking at that stage and worried about my damn wig slipping off.

And 67th in your age category too...wow! I was 123rd out of 244, so pretty much in the middle. I'm pleased just have finished to be honest.

I think we both should be proud of ourselves.

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited July 2016

Congratulations ladies! What a fantastic result for both of you. It was a great day in Melbourne :) xx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited July 2016

Awesome, you have done so well. ??????

• Leila34
    Leila34 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2016

Fantastic! Congratulations on achieving your goal :)

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    edited July 2016

Congratulations Cate - You should be very proud of yourself - excellent effort!!!

• becgill
    becgill Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016

Well done you! You should be so proud. 

• Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    edited July 2016

Well done on 10km, huge achievement ..........

I parkrun on Sat mornings & kept it up right thru chemo, even if I could only manage to walk it & I wasnt worried about my wig because my hair has grown back enough to just look like a pixie cut now...

Still wear the wig to work though because most people at work dont know I had chemo, i started a few weeks before last Xmas & so still had hair until the xmas/new year break & went back to work with a wig similar to my own hair, they just assumed i had had a cut cut....

So proud!!

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited July 2016

Excellent! You should be proud. ????

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited July 2016

Awesome! Congratlations!!