Damn Shoulder

Options
cher54
cher54 Member Posts: 23
edited November 2016 in Day to day

Sheesh, has my left shoulder been giving me curry again today, but it is not as you would expect due to the cancer, well not solely...

Back before BC I was on workcover for recurring (chronic) Bursitis caused from being a "checkout chick" so was permanently taken off checkouts & giving other work that could be modified to handle the ongoing injury.

Along comes BC - be damned if it wasn't on the same side & as u all know with investigations of all types heaped upon u, it pretty much all entails raising your arm up behind your head etc - no mean feat for me & lots of pain (even had to have help to get my arm back down again - u know like, "u can put your arm down now" - "Umm, could u help me plse"). Then of course the surgery & axilliary clearance, then the exercises to be done to get movement back into the arm, all contrary to what I was supposed to be doing for the bursitis. Catch 22!

As you can imagine my Bursitis was continually aggravated by all this & although the axilliary clearance HAS left me numb in and around the area, sometimes the pain of the Bursitis breaks through - such as today - not bad, but enough to be bothersome & noticable with the odd sharp twinge that tends to jerk u into gear. LOL

Other than that my day hasn't been too bad, the weather is nice but a bit of a chilly wind. Took the chance to get my washing out onto the line in the sunshine instead of under the carport, it's all nice & dry now.

I've been catching up on a bit of my Family Tree information these past couple days so it's keeping me out of mischief. :)

Hope everyone has had a good day & things are looking rosy for you.

Till next time

Cheryl

PS. Oh & don't ya luv it when u lift your arm it creaks & cracks like there is no tomorrow - or is it just me falling to pieces.....Hmmmm

Tagged:

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Cheryl,dare I say it but I have a similar chronic left shoulder problem and ofcourse the missing left breast and aux nodes.I also have the dodgy left ankle which I broke a few years ago so really, whole left side not crash hot.Now if I have a stroke you can bet ya the right side goes! -my dark humour surfacing.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Cheryl,dare I say it but I have a similar chronic left shoulder problem and ofcourse the missing left breast and aux nodes.I also have the dodgy left ankle which I broke a few years ago so really, whole left side not crash hot.Now if I have a stroke you can bet ya the right side goes! -my dark humour surfacing.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

Tonya xx

• cher54
    cher54 Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Weird eh! Fortunately I don't have the broken ankle problem - YET  :)

Dealing with the shoulder issues and numb feet is bad enough & I'm wondering how I'm gonna go when I start getting back into work - could be interesting....

I can relate to the "stroke" comment....LOL  Would be just our luck eh...

Cheryl

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi cher ( cheryl ) i can relate to work issues,especially repetitive and manual .

have you had radiation also to the left side?

i hope you get on top of your discomforts and/or to a manageabe level.

try not to do it all.

some things  change after BC and sometimes you cannot keep doing the things you always did, but new things can replace them.

kathy.

kathy.

• pisces_tas
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi cher ( cheryl ) i can relate to work issues,especially repetitive and manual .

try not to do it all.

some things  change after BC and sometimes you cannot keep doing the things you always did, but new things can replace them.

kathy.

kathy.

• pisces_tas
    edited March 2015
    Options

try not to do it all.

kathy.

kathy.