BCNA Free Walking Challenge

Options
Piph
Piph Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Health and wellbeing

The four-week BCNA Walking Challenge is a new opportunity to step out and enjoy the spring weather while gradually increasing their physical activity, improving their health and supporting each other.

The Walking Challenge will run from Monday 5 September - Sunday 2 October. See below for more details or click here to register.

Tagged:

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited August 2016
    Options

I think this is a terrific idea but wonder if it could not be taken a step (pardon the pun!) further.

With many members of the on-line network seeking support on-line because of lack of suitable support availability within their immediate area (maybe due to many factors including living in regional areas), maybe this walking challenge could be extended to include groups of on-line 'friends'.

'Virtual' groups could still compete as a team and give support to each other through messages on the on-line network system.

Just a thought on how to involve more people who may not be able to participate otherwise.

:) Deanne

• Piph
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Deanne :)

Thanks for your comment. I apologise for any confusion.

Online members can absolutely join with their ‘virtual’ groups. In the registration there is space to put down who is in your group. So if online network members want to create a group (maximum 4 people) for the Walking Challenge, it’s no problem. If someone does not have a group, we can definitely connect them in with other women to form a group.

Once you register you will receive more information about the challenge. I hope this encourages more people to join. If there are more questions, please let me know. 

Pip x

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Pip,

Ahhh! I guess it was the mention of organizing a group walk once a week, joining your 'local' members group and that the team leader receives the pedometers etc for the whole group that made me think you have to live near each other!

So, I could be in a group where each of us live in different states and have actually never met and that would be ok?

Deanne xxx

• Piph
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Deanne,

Yes! That would be absolutely fine if you had never met your team members!

We will also have a Facebook group for the challenge that you can join, and get updates on other teams and participants. The website that Walking Challenge is run through (once you register you get more information on this) also allows you to connect with your team and see how they are tracking.

I hope this helps! I