Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

HELP

Options
Barbara_S
Barbara_S Member Posts: 10
edited September 2016 in Metastatic breast cancer

Hi, my name is Barbara I was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013 thought all was good and have now been diagnosed with secondary BC in lung. Feeling lost...

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Barbara sending you a hug I;m so sorry you have had  bad news, 

• Karel01
    Karel01 Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hello Barbara,

I can relate to you feeling lost. I too have been diagnosed with advanced breast cancer with mets in my lung and bones. It has been 18 months since this diagnosis and I have been through a number of treatments. I can't say anything but you should keep your supporters close, listen to your oncologist and realise that secondary breast can't be cured but DEFINITELY can be treated just like other chronic diseases.Remember not everyone is the same. Get hold of Hope and Hurdles through BCNA and read some positive stories. 

I now take each day at a time, with my wonderful husband and family and enjoy as much as I can. Stay strong and remember there are many fantastic women on this sight that can support you. 

Karel????????????????

• Barbara_S
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thank you your kind thoughts, hopefully I will get my head around these changes soon.

• Barbara_S
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Karel

Thank you for your comments it does help to give me hope when I see others fighting and forging ahead.  Hopefully this site will be just what I need to move forward and find a new way through.

Cheers Barb

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thinking of you. The link below may provide some info you need. There is also a secondary cancer online group you can join for support. Take care. Kath x

https://www.bcna.org.au/secondary-breast-cancer/

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • Barbara_S
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Cath, thank you very much for the info.

Cheers Barb

• Jane_Elizabeth
    Jane_Elizabeth Member Posts: 158
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Barbara, I just wanted to say that I am sending you positive thoughts and wishes. I was diagnosed 6 months ago and am still on chemo, but I am aware that I could be you, as you have been me. I admire you for having gone through the first part of your treatment, it is bloody hard.  I hope your feeling of being lost will be helped by knowing that many, many people are wishing you strength and hope on this new part of your journey.  Jane

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Barbara, 

Just thought I'd sends hugs, best wishes and healing vibes. Since my own diagnosis I have been told by three friends of family who have all been diagnosed with secondary cancers and have been treated and are surviving at 7,10 and 20 year marks. Such positive outcomes from remarkable ladies who are still living strong. Take care Xx Cath

• Mary and rose
    Mary and rose Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Barbara, can I ask if you had chemotherapy? And what type of breast cancer were you diagnosed with?

• Mary and rose
    Mary and rose Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2016
    Options

My Story
    My dearest friend Mary has just been diagnosed with Invasive Lobular Cancer on the left side of her breast. Prognosis is quite good where surgeon and oncologists believe they can shrink it then remove it with a mastectomy. They are confident she will recover fully. The problem is she is in two minds whether to have chemo and herceptin or go alternative. She feels it will only cause other issues down the track. We lost our friend Monica about a year ago who fort breast cancer for about 8 years where we saw her body eventually been taken over with the cancer. We need to make a decision. Does she take a chance with alternative, or does she take a chance having further side effects and potential secondary cancer as a result of the chemo? Would love to have some feedback.

• Barbara_S
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi, In 2013 I was diagnosed with a 6cm tumour left breast. I has a mastectomy and lymph node clearance, nodes were clear. I then had chemo 6 by 3 FEC and six weeks of radiation.

Due to family history I had genetics testing done which came back with abnormal BRCA2.

2016 I went to have a prophylactic mastectomy and pre op chest xray showed tumour in upper portion of lower left lung lobe. 8 weeks of chemo, Abraxane then lung resection to remove tumour. All went well however I have neen advised the lung lining tests positive for microscopic traces of BC.

I am now taking

• Barbara_S
    edited June 2016
    Options

Im am now taking everolimus and exemestane and honestly have no idea where I go from here.

• Barbara_S
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Rose, Im so sorry for your friends bad news. I hope things go well for her. Barb

• Barbara_S
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Cath, Wow that is so amazing thanks so much for this positive information. I hope things are going well with you. Barb